Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I still think every coach in the league would call 3 running plays with a 19-7 lead, under 5 minutes to play, and a defense that had played lights out the entire game. The defense choked in the final 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of OT.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe you're right in a regular season game, but not in the NFC Championship game in the other guy's stadium.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 25s25 seconds ago
    Packers' D played well for 56 minutes, then gave up 206 yards and 3 touchdowns on Seattle's last 3 drives.
    They don't play Capers bleed the clock D well. It has worked, buts its not pretty. You can't go 12-4 without a decent D effort, but that was a failing this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, a lot if's - but even with those if's - if MM and dunderdummy don't each of them crawl into a shell - we still win the game.

MM beginning to take a knee at the 5 min mark; dunderdummy's amazing 3 man rush, and cover no one defense on 3rd and forever, his abandoning the middle of the field and playing a 2-4 which allows Lynch to simply run up the middle for a 1st down on 3rd and 6, and allows him to run up the middle for 13 yds, and 14 yds, on and on...

All of those things are coaching decisions that absolutely killed us.
    I actually thought that was our strategy: Let them score with time on the clock to come back and score ourselves. If Seattle would have taken more time off the clock scoring, we would have had no chance at all.

That's how desperate the game became when we sat on the ball with 5 minutes left.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I knew we were in trouble when Capers started to rush Wilson with two or three guys. I'll have to watch again to say when that was. But during the game in this thread I wrote "Prevent?" a couple of times.
    I don't know how Kearse (Baldwin?) got that open on 3rd and 19 with eight men in coverage. It looked like the Seattle game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    We sure could have used Jermichael Finley today, don't you think??

QFT

Truth be told this team needs 4 weapons. We have Lacy, Jordy, and Randall

Nobody else showed up today. I didn't expect our offense to kill it but surprisingly our defense was a dominating force for 3 quarters. We didn't need much form he O but we needed more
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    This was like the Atlanta game for a brief decisive bit with the Packers looking like the deer in the headlights. Has anyone talked about the last play with no safety help over the top? What was up with that call? How were they playing them?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I actually thought that was our strategy: Let them score with time on the clock to come back and score ourselves. If Seattle would have taken more time off the clock scoring, we would have had no chance at all.

That's how desperate the game became when we sat on the ball with 5 minutes left.
    Yeah. It was bleeding clock but then Lynch got loose down the sidelines on that wheel route. And that was when the wheels came off.

gonna be a looooonnng off season. this one is gonna hurt for a while. I'm thinking a month or two, compared to a couple days. I've lost all hope in this coaching staff.

you play to win the game, not to - not lose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't know how Kearse (Baldwin?) got that open on 3rd and 19 with eight men in coverage. It looked like the Seattle game.
    Our roaming prevent LB's were too shallow. They looked setup around the 1st but the WR's were behind.
    That was a terrible call by Dom; sending three. Wilson could have cooked a six pack of brats back there he had so much time
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    QFT

Truth be told this team needs 4 weapons. We have Lacy, Jordy, and Randall

Nobody else showed up today. I didn't expect our offense to kill it but surprisingly our defense was a dominating force for 3 quarters. We didn't need much form he O but we needed more
    Rodgers showed up today.

They need to solve the red zone issue.

That's what Capers does in that situation - he has the players simply occupy a patch of turf without regard to where any of the receivers are, and with no pass rush... well, you saw what happened.

The 11th commandment - "Thou shalt never, ever, rush 3"

Rush 3 and cover no one is a staple of Capers and has been for years.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Our roaming prevent LB's were too shallow. They looked setup around the 1st but the WR's were behind.
    That was a terrible call by Dom; sending three. Wilson could have cooked a six pack of brats back there he had so much time
    There has to be someone on him. Playing the sticks is for the shallowest defenders. The deep guys have to come up. The defense isn't called to have a hole in the zone or 25 yard catches.

wist thinks that is the call, but it clearly isn't the idea. Someone sat WAY too far back.

Play your regular defense, rush the passer, contest the reception, make the tackle and get the fuck off the field... not dunderdummy though - he's amazing, isn't he??
    wist

There has to be someone on him. Playing the sticks is for the shallowest defenders. The deep guys have to come up. The defense isn't called to have a hole in the zone or 25 yard catches.

wist thinks that is the call, but it clearly isn't the idea. Someone sat WAY too far back.
    Absolutely agree.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes guys actually fuck up on the field. Sometimes the coaches do everything a coach can do and players still don't execute or get beat by the opposition to make a play. Everything that goes wrong - in fact most of the things that go wrong - are the result of players not executing or making mistakes or just getting beat by other players.

Expecting the coaches - any coaches - to get their players to never get beat or have perfect execution - is expecting the impossible.

Get the lead - check
    Shut down Wilson - check
    Win the turnover battle - check
    Maintain the lead until you get the team in position for victory formation - check
    Recover the onside kick - win the NFC Championship - uncheck
    Everything else that occured after victory is secured - irrelevant

There are currently 1504 users online. and now... 52 members and 1452 guests

The Packers killed themselves today but:

Long live the Green Bay Packer Organization and Packerrats.

There isn't one member here today that isn't a little shocked as this game went.

For reason (s) few experts called the Packers to win this game in Seattle.

it was a marvelous win that was and suddenly ...wasn't.

That really is difficult to take. Imagine how the Green Pay Packer team (Players and Coaches and TT and the Powers To Be feel !? Many of them can't even express their feelings.

This loss is PAIN !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Rodgers showed up today.

They need to solve the red zone issue.

What were Rodgers stat lines (honestly do not know) ? I would not consider him a weapon. He catches the ball well....I'd take him on ST over Bostick for sure....but I don't think he's a guy teams think they even have to put any focus on

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

If only Dom has a remote that could pause time and space and then could move the players to the right position on the field and then un-pause the remote. The players have to think on their feet, don't they? Of course, he can also call a time-out as his "pause button".
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Sometimes guys actually fuck up on the field. Sometimes the coaches do everything a coach can do and players still don't execute or get beat by the opposition to make a play. Everything that goes wrong - in fact most of the things that go wrong - are the result of players not executing or making mistakes or just getting beat by other players.

Expecting the coaches - any coaches - to get their players to never get beat or have perfect execution - is expecting the impossible.

Get the lead - check
    Shut down Wilson - check
    Win the turnover battle - check
    Maintain the lead until you get the team in position for victory formation - check
    Recover the onside kick - win the NFC Championship - uncheck
    Everything else that occured after victory is secured - irrelevant
    Again I agree.

In any game like this u can question a few coaching decisions. But to me the game plan and play calling was fine. The players didnt execute enough in key situations.

AJ hawk, why are you leaving the one eligible receiver on the fake fg? You had a choice between a kicker beating 3 other defenders for a 10 yard rush, or having to complete a wide open 15 yd pass.
    Morgan Burnett, why are you sliding on an interception with 5 minutes left and no one but lineman and the quarterback left to tackle you. I've never seen someone slide on a pick with that much time left.
    Haha, why in the world did you flat out allow Luke Wilson to catch that 2 pt conversion?
    Brandon Bostick, if you are barely good enough to be on the team, maybe get the fuck out of the way and let your teams best receiver catch an onside kick?
    And the biggest GOAT, and it pains me to say it.....Aaron Rodgers. Your defense giftwrapped you the game in the first half. You throw a jump ball for Richard Sherman vs a rookie receiver. You missed and easy TD to jordy on the goaline. And you missed several easy screen passes. You also were not accurate on a few key 3rd down plays that went for completions but were not where they needed to be to secure first downs and key chunks of yardage.

Our coaches put us in a perfect position. It should have been 30-0 at half time. Our offense couldn't get out of our own way.