Thread: Vic Fangio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    More of the same old anti-Capers crap! Don't you people get it? The Packers simply do not have the quality personnel on defense to play conventional defense. Without the creativity and scheming of Capers, the Packers would be MUCH worse off than they are in terms of yardage and points given up. We just don't have the horses to stop everything at the same time. A degree of outguessing the opponents needs to be done - thank you very much, Ted Thompson. The same is true, of course, of the Packers' offense which has been thoroughly exposed this season for the mediocre supporting cast Ted has provided for the team to go along with our all world QB.

Whenever Fangio has had success, he has had great talent to work with. It's hard to say how he would do with what Ted has provided with the Packers. I'm pretty sure it would not be as good as what Capers gives us.
    Ok so TT and Capers have to go. That was simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I hope that wasn't your take from my post. TT must go, YES, but Capers is the only thing saving our D from being a helluva lot worse than it is.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I hope that wasn't your take from my post. TT must go, YES, but Capers is the only thing saving our D from being a helluva lot worse than it is.
    TT has one more year on his contract so I'm guessing he will retire after the 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    TT has one more year on his contract so I'm guessing he will retire after the 2018 season.
    None too soon. I'm wondering, though, if the next GM is Elliot Wolf or whoever, will he just be a continuation of Ted Thompson - not doing enough to build up the team around Aaron Rodgers? Or will he get off his ass and bring in some free agents as well as doing a better job of drafting? Optimist that I am, I'm not very optimistic about that. There seems to be a culture of do-nothingness in the Packer leadership.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?