Thread: Jeff Hafley Packers New DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sounds like it's more of an attack scheme, which I have to think the players will like. Who really wants to read and react? Defensive guys tend to be aggressive, so that doesn't sound that appealing. I would think guys like Alexander and Valentine will benefit - and Rudy Ford if they decide to bring him back. And Quay Walker. He could be a good blitzer.

But they are going to need a maestro on the back end to coordinate and direct it all. Can a rookie come in and do that? Or will Guter restructure some contracts and bring in a free agent?
    This is a strong class of FA safeties. I don't think Gute will go after one of the top guys. But he should be able to find someone not too expensive who is an upgrade over Owens and Savage. A name I've heard mentioned is Geno Stone of Baltimore. 2020 7th round pick. But he started 11 games in 2023 and had 7 INT's so his asking price could be pretty high.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This is a strong class of FA safeties. I don't think Gute will go after one of the top guys. But he should be able to find someone not too expensive who is an upgrade over Owens and Savage. A name I've heard mentioned is Geno Stone of Baltimore. 2020 7th round pick. But he started 11 games in 2023 and had 7 INT's so his asking price could be pretty high.
    First time he drops an easy interception he's Geno "Hands of" Stone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    For wat it's worth, Spotrac estimates his market value this year at 3yrs/$7M per year. I don't know why they value him so low, but that's half what the really big names are projected to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    For wat it's worth, Spotrac estimates his market value this year at 3yrs/$7M per year. I don't know why they value him so low, but that's half what the really big names are projected to get.
    The 7 INT's might be a bit of a fluke. Prior to this year, he had 1 career INT.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen