Thread: Veteran combine invitees

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    felix jones today probably proved just how full of shit some of these old guys are. who was the retired guy this year that claimed he could run like a 4.1?

felix jones is 27. he ran a 4.47 at his original combine, pretty good for a RB.

today, about 7 years later, he ran a 4.79 and a 4.85

lost a bit of a step......

FYI, i could soooo still run a 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    felix jones today probably proved just how full of shit some of these old guys are. who was the retired guy this year that claimed he could run like a 4.1?

felix jones is 27. he ran a 4.47 at his original combine, pretty good for a RB.

today, about 7 years later, he ran a 4.79 and a 4.85

lost a bit of a step......

FYI, i could soooo still run a 4.3
    Ya, pretty sure I could cover 10 or 15 yards in that time myself...ok, I lie. Given a lawn chair start, it might take me 4 seconds to get up out of the chair.

Like I said earlier, Carriker is the guy I think has the best chance. When you look at his story, it's really a bit of a surprise he isn't on a roster.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ya, pretty sure I could cover 10 or 15 yards in that time myself...

Like I said earlier, Carriker is the guy I think has the best chance. When you look at his story, it's really a bit of a surprise he isn't on a roster.
    IF, he looked

3 knee surgeries on the same knee have to take a toll, but if he looked good today, he should help himself

he's a guy i remember liking a lot when we were making the change to 3-4 and thought we should try and get

Anybody watch this on NFL Network.

What a fuckin Joke! I guess there's too many players (105) to talk about in an hour. So all they talked about were Brady Quinn, Michael Sam, Jamal Anderson, Michael Bush and Felix Jones. Kafka and Tyler Wilson were mentioned several times. A couple other RBs (can't remember) were mentioned. Adam Carriker was mentioned because he was the only player to volunteer to do the bench press (225 lbs - 40 times) which doesn't mean squat if your knee is still fucked up.

AND.......That's it! Yep, That was the hour show. Waste of my time.

TT did get quite a bit of camera time though. However, he wasn't wearing any Packer garb.