Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
It ain't just Ted. You can damn well believe that Cobb will be BEGGING for Green Bay to up their offer a bit if he gets an $11M avg from Oakland. He doesn't want to go there. He knows he'll become invisible. No prime time games. No postseason games.

My guess is that Cobb is hoping that the Packers (or another contending team) offer him a deal worth $10M avg once the top of the market is set by the filthy rich teams with nothing to offer by cash. Wasting your prime years in Oakland is a mistake many have come to regret.

I don't see Thompson forking over more than $9M avg though. I think Thompson is ALWAYS content to let teams overpay for people...then browse the bargain bin in a week. There are a lot of aging WRs out there who might have 1 year left in them if Rodgers is the QB throwing them the ball...and they'll be far cheaper than $10M a year.
Ted might fork over $10m but a team like Oakland has oodles of cap space and they can offer guys like Cobb the moon. Let's say McKenzie offers Cobb $11m+. If he does Ted isn't going to match that. He'll offer Randall 10 and it will be up to Cobb if he wants the extra $1m catching passes from Carr or if he'll stay with us catching balls from AR and the chance for a ring.