Thread: Eli Manning to be benched

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I could see it if they were benching Eli to give some playing time to their QB of the future. But bench him for Geno Smith? That's an undeserved insult.
    I seriously don't get this. Several writers are convinced its not the GM. TJ Lang thinks they are being stupid.

But I truly do not know what is the upside for the coach UNLESS he is coming back next year for road testing the backups.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I seriously don't get this. Several writers are convinced its not the GM. TJ Lang thinks they are being stupid.

But I truly do not know what is the upside for the coach UNLESS he is coming back next year for road testing the backups.
    Only other answer is the owner wants a top 3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I agree. But there is odd unanimity that the Giants operate with solid division of authority.

The notable thing is that the front office and owner are not balking, so they are publicly OK with it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree. But there is odd unanimity that the Giants operate with solid division of authority.

The notable thing is that the front office and owner are not balking, so they are publicly OK with it.
    That's a great point. The Mora's have always operated with a hands off philosophy. If it wasn't for a couple of amazing plays against the Pats in the Superbowl wins, the GM (Reese?) would have been long gone. Neither Coach nor QB will be with the Giants next year. GM probably gone also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    What did the Packers get from the NY Jets for Brett Favre

This is the part and NFL that really SUCKS out loud.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What did the Packers get from the NY Jets for Brett Favre

This is the part and NFL that really SUCKS out loud.
    If memory serves we got the compensatory pick we used to move up and take a guy named Clay Matthews.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If memory serves we got the compensatory pick we used to move up and take a guy named Clay Matthews.
    a #2 and two #3s, including the Third rounder from the Jets for Favre. You confused me for a second there with 'compensatory pick'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    a #2 and two #3s, including the Third rounder from the Jets for Favre. You confused me for a second there with 'compensatory pick'
    Sorry, I misspoke.