Thread: Ty Montgomery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What worked as per what I saw was coming with a Safety or a Corner. When LBs came in, Rodgers just shed 'em like a duck in water. He had a harder time escaping speedy DBs though. I'm not sure if screens or something else are the solution to that. It seems to me, if we screened with a DB chasing Rodgers, 1 the play might not have time to set up and 2 the speedy DB probably could track down our RB from behind for a short gain. McCarthy's weakness seems to be adjusting on the fly - like when a team finds something that works like what you mentioned.

The subject of this thread, Ty Montgomery, was a large part of the problem. Having him at RB a full camp and preseason might get him shaped up as a pass blocker.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What worked as per what I saw was coming with a Safety or a Corner. When LBs came in, Rodgers just shed 'em like a duck in water. He had a harder time escaping speedy DBs though. I'm not sure if screens or something else are the solution to that. It seems to me, if we screened with a DB chasing Rodgers, 1 the play might not have time to set up and 2 the speedy DB probably could track down our RB from behind for a short gain. McCarthy's weakness seems to be adjusting on the fly - like when a team finds something that works like what you mentioned.

The subject of this thread, Ty Montgomery, was a large part of the problem. Having him at RB a full camp and preseason might get him shaped up as a pass blocker.
    They were also getting him with delayed ILB blitzes that Linsley and Monty would not pick up. The LBS Dallas and Atlanta were sending were smaller and quicker than most and he couldn't avoid them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.