View Poll Results: Do you mind the high turnover of players on NFL rosters?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I heart change. Doesn't affect my fantasy football team.

4 44.44%
  • Yes. What does it mean to be a "packer" when guys leave constantly.

5 55.56%

Thread: Do you mind the high turnover of players on NFL rosters?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Most of the year to year change has little to do with free agency. Draft, injuries, players not panning out, and the unforgiving march of time cause most of the roster churn. FA gets a lot of attention, but the best players almost never get there, so it is really the attention is on a handful of players that are just good enough that you've heard their names before, but are not likely truly elite (or not elite anymore, like AP).
    The salary cap seems to force Ted to let a lot of good players go after 1 contract. I don't remember that so much in ye good ole days. You might be right, but I prefer to think that you are wrong and it used to be wonderful and it's time to Make Football Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The salary cap seems to force Ted to let a lot of good players go after 1 contract. I don't remember that so much in ye good ole days. You might be right, but I prefer to think that you are wrong and it used to be wonderful and it's time to Make Football Great Again.
    Maybe you are old enough to remember the actual good old days, but I started following the Pack in the mid 70's when players stuck around year after year, even though most of them did not deserve to.
    The good old days weren't always good.
    And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!