Well, I finally got to see the Eagles game.

Even though we won fairly easily against a not horrible team, I kinda have a vague feeling of disappointment. Sure, we dominated their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strings with ours, our first string both O and D didn't look so hot. The O Line showed little ability to run block, and most of the passes were after our QB was forced out of the pocket. None of our RBs were impressive, but then they never had any openings. I don't think the Eagles D was stacked to stop the run either - why would they do that against the Packers.

Pretty much all of our WRs were impressive. I'm thinking now more than ever that Cobb's days could be numbered with the Packers. Allison also didn't look like much, and he has the suspension which may or may not mean an underlying character issue. You always have to consider who played against scrubs and who went against better players, but Yancy, Janis, Clark, maybe McCaffrey and Dupre all looked better than guys above them on the depth chart.

I was not overly impressed at first look with Kevin King. Rollins, for all the good words in practice, didn't look like much. Same with Hawkins. The Safetys on the other hand, looked excellent - Bryce and Evans in particular. It seemed like the Packers were emphasizing ILB blitzes and not much from the OLBs. It was frustrating, however, that so many times that the pass rush came close but didn't quite get there. I can't help thinking that Capers just ain't showing his best stuff ...... and we still held 'em to 9 points. Our D Line looked better than our D Line has looked for a few years anyway - first string on down, a lot of quality play.

Vogel looked great as a punter, but the kicking game, even though there were no misses, didn't very good - kicks that were good but kinda ugly.