Thread: "Michael John McCarthy is one of the great coaches in the NFL."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McCarthy deserves major applause after his performance in compiling and executing a gameplan capable of catching perhaps the greatest coach of all time on his heels at times. Too often, McCarthy has come up small in big moments following his successful championship run. He has allowed himself to become stale and predictable. Not this time. Starting with the bye week, McCarthy and his coaching staff have successfully navigated the defense from being porous to being proud. McCarthy has found ways to give all the talent at the offensive skill positions a chance to show their mettle. He managed and massaged egos during several crucial roster shakeups...and the team appears to be stronger for it.

McCarthy still has some things to prove. He has the opportunity to guide this team to a #1 seed...with a trip to the Super Bowl well within reach. This is not an opportunity that a great coach will waste. Based on this week's performance, it doesn't appear that McCarthy is going to let that happen. Belichick doesn't give out fake praise...he went out of his way to praise the Packers, especially the coaching staff. Hoodie knew he was out coached on this occasion...and in all the years he has been coach of the Patriots, that reality has not been apparent to him very often.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    McCarthy deserves major applause after his performance in compiling and executing a gameplan capable of catching perhaps the greatest coach of all time on his heels at times. Too often, McCarthy has come up small in big moments following his successful championship run. He has allowed himself to become stale and predictable. Not this time. Starting with the bye week, McCarthy and his coaching staff have successfully navigated the defense from being porous to being proud. McCarthy has found ways to give all the talent at the offensive skill positions a chance to show their mettle. He managed and massaged egos during several crucial roster shakeups...and the team appears to be stronger for it.

McCarthy still has some things to prove. He has the opportunity to guide this team to a #1 seed...with a trip to the Super Bowl well within reach. This is not an opportunity that a great coach will waste. Based on this week's performance, it doesn't appear that McCarthy is going to let that happen. Belichick doesn't give out fake praise...he went out of his way to praise the Packers, especially the coaching staff. Hoodie knew he was out coached on this occasion...and in all the years he has been coach of the Patriots, that reality has not been apparent to him very often.
    Good post. Repped.

I too was amazed at the overwhelming praise from Bill Belichick in his post game presser.

I had to pinch myself over that reaction from Hoody Genius.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau