Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Other Teams In Division News 2014

I thought it was kind of funny that the Bears signed Jennings because in the last game of the regular season against the Bears, the Packers benched Jennings because he played so bad.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    So now who's projected as the NO. 2 QB in Chicago?

Jordan Palmer and that's Carson Palmer's little brother who has thrown only 15 NFL passes. He's the most experienced of the three competing for the Chicago bears backup QB position that includes the Bears 2014 Draft Pick, Central Florida QB Blake Bortles.
    Blake Bortles was drafted #3 overall by Jacksonville.

Here is the Bears current depth chart at QB, according to ourlads.com:

QB 6 CUTLER, JAY T/Den 7 Clausen, Jimmy U/Car 2 PALMER, JORDAN SF13 12 Fales, David 14/6 16 Johnson, Jerrod CF13

Were you possibly thinking of David Fales from San Jose State?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Blake Bortles was drafted #3 overall by Jacksonville.

Here is the Bears current depth chart at QB, according to ourlads.com:

QB 6 CUTLER, JAY T/Den 7 Clausen, Jimmy U/Car 2 PALMER, JORDAN SF13 12 Fales, David 14/6 16 Johnson, Jerrod CF13

Were you possibly thinking of David Fales from San Jose State?
    I'm looking at this error on my behalf now and havn't a clue what I was thinking on that post and incorrectly writing that Blake Bortles was drafted by da Bears.

RE: Bears prospect Rookie QB 6th Round Draft Pick.... David Fales ( the 183rd overall pick ):

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/art...e-43343c870d48
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm looking at this error on my behalf now and havn't a clue what I was thinking on that post and incorrectly writing that Blake Bortles was drafted by da Bears.
    we understand
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He's like a kid out there! Seriously, it reads like he is a 20 year old draftee.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-from-cutler/

Quote Originally Posted by '"QB Coach Fred Rodgers (Matt Cavanaugh)"
    “When we got in here last year and evaluated him we had a real good conversation with him about certain things that every quarterback should do. We said, ‘Jay it might not be natural, but we want you to try it.’ And he did.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

"We said, ‘Jay it might not be natural, but we want you to try it.’ And he did."

And then he realized that he liked it...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Saw that Lane Johnson the starting right tackle (2013 1st rd draft pick) for the Eagles may be suspended for 4 games. What caught my eye was that Allen Barbre may be the starter during that time period.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h
    Vikings place CB Captain Munnerlyn (hamstring) on PUP, sign WRs Ty Walker, Andy Cruse http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wAt
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lions put last year's number five overall pick, Ziggy Ansah, on the PUP list due to shoulder surgery he had after last season.

Shoulder injuries are a bitch. I wonder if they're concerned about this kid's career.

In other Lion news, no news on the Suh renegotiation front. He's going to cost them one arm and a leg-and-a-half in sal cap room this year, then become a FA in February '15.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

There is no reason for Suh to renegotiate. He's due $20million and wont be cut. AND if he finishes the year with the Lions, his franchise tag number for 2015 would be like $24 million. The Lions have absolutely no leverage. They can either cut him, give him a gargantuan payday, or trade him to a team that will.

There really is no reason for him to spread that money out over a new contract. That money, at least in part, is compensation for his play over the last few years. The Lions act like they're trying to be reasonable, but in truth, they are trying to use the same money to pay a guy twice. Very dirty.

Well, I would say this, at least: the Lions offered that contract they're now suffering under.

And I love it.

As always, the players are saying all the right things, and saying too the right things about "Calm" Jim Caldwell. But I like the fact there is a cloud hanging over Allen Park.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    There is no reason for Suh to renegotiate. He's due $20million and wont be cut. AND if he finishes the year with the Lions, his franchise tag number for 2015 would be like $24 million. The Lions have absolutely no leverage. They can either cut him, give him a gargantuan payday, or trade him to a team that will.

There really is no reason for him to spread that money out over a new contract. That money, at least in part, is compensation for his play over the last few years. The Lions act like they're trying to be reasonable, but in truth, they are trying to use the same money to pay a guy twice. Very dirty.
    Agreed, when a player plays out the high paying years, then demands a new contract I hammer the player (Yea, you marshawn Lynch). In this case he played out the reasonable years, this is his money.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Finally, the Vikings and their fans are taking preseason camp seriously.

Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph shot after game

The Good Ship Leo is on course and ready for the season!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5h
    Nick Fairley packing on the pounds, dropping on the depth chart http://wp.me/p14QSB-9xvX

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...n_the_dog.html

Quote Originally Posted by '"QB Coach Fred Rodgers (Matt Cavanaugh)"
    “When we got in here last year and evaluated him we had a real good conversation with him about certain things that every quarterback should do. We said, ‘Jay it might not be natural, but we want you to try it.’ And he did.

I had a girlfriend in college like that. Time of my life.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I thought it was kind of funny that the Bears signed Jennings because in the last game of the regular season against the Bears, the Packers benched Jennings because he played so bad.
    I hope he starts for the freaking bares.

What are people seeing in this team that makes them think they are going to win the NFCN? I've seen this prediction a few times this offseason.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 48m
    Jerome Simpson faces another three-game suspension http://wp.me/p14QSB-9xOT

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 48m
    Jerome Simpson faces another three-game suspension http://wp.me/p14QSB-9xOT
    Isn't he the guy who was arrested for trying to have pot delivered to his house?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Fairley about to get cut methinks. Playing poorly, way out of shape. They already trimmed his contract for 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Isn't he the guy who was arrested for trying to have pot delivered to his house?
    As funny as that story was, I have no idea of it was Simpson.

Yes he was. And I don't think it was all for personal use.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70...e-simpson-home