Thread: Commissioner Hairbrain Is Stuck in Mess of Own Making

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Don't even get me started. That list that was created in the 70's but never used for this purpose until Adolph Godell decided it was a punishment free "make it go away" zone. Call it what it fucking is, you are suspended with pay. In most businesses that is indeed a free vacation. But in this business you have a limited shelf life so you have to be producing and putting it on tape all the time or your dollars tangibly start drying up. It is absolutely a punishment. What is the saying? Fines don't matter, when you take away playing time you get their attention.
    And it was amateur hour when the NFLPA didn't get a guarantee that the list would count as time served when they agreed to the new use of it in the first place.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And it was amateur hour when the NFLPA didn't get a guarantee that the list would count as time served when they agreed to the new use of it in the first place.
    Hey PB, when was it even discussed with the NFLPA? You might be referring to back channel discussions when then the Peterson thing hit. If so, the NFLPA fucked it up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Hey PB, when was it even discussed with the NFLPA? You might be referring to back channel discussions when then the Peterson thing hit. If so, the NFLPA fucked it up bad.
    I know they were involved in the discussions. Whether they could have stopped it or not, I am unsure. But the issue was not raised by them at the time that I remember.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...circumstances/
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Look, I'm not a big fan of what Greg Hardy did but to put that dude on a 16 game paid suspension while they fucked around? I mean, really? NFL needs to figure this shit out for good.