Thread: Smokin' Jay Cutler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I hugely admire Jay Cutler. He is that 1 in a thousand person who genuinely doesn't care what people say about him in the press. He just is who he is, and he makes no concessions to criticisms about how he looks or what people think his personality is like. The fact that players who actually know him respect him makes me think he is probably OK. It's possible he is not great in the role of a leader, since cheerleading is part of that, I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I hugely admire Jay Cutler. He is that 1 in a thousand person who genuinely doesn't care what people say about him in the press. He just is who he is, and he makes no concessions to criticisms about how he looks or what people think his personality is like. The fact that players who actually know him respect him makes me think he is probably OK. It's possible he is not great in the role of a leader, since cheerleading is part of that, I really don't know.
    Really?

Urlacher called him a pussy.
    Adewale Ogunleye called him out
    DJ Moore called him out.

I know Urlacher took it back, but was that how he felt or did he retract for the purposes of 'being a good team mate'?

And when a current players has some harsh criticisms made in public, makes me think there are a bunch that have criticisms but are smarter and keep there mouths shut.

Being aloof of how you appear may be cool to the chicks, but it doesn't do much for his leadership abilities. When its late 4th quarter and your team is trying to win and your appearance says 'Gee, I could really go for a beer right about now' has a different affect on your team than a look that says 'Lets kick some butt here!'.