Thread: More Banjo: Pussies of Detroit, Game 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    On the QB School, JT O’Sullivan (former Favor backup) explains that Love had more than enough time to set his feet, although he woulda been pounded by a Pussy Yokozuna immediately after the throw - thanks to the incompetence blocking of Josh Myers.

I guess Love not taking an unnecessary hit in garbage time is a good thing. Still, I woulda loved to see Love make the “dagger” throw.

I’m with Bobble, Myers and Runyan need to be benched. Tom looks like a midget at tackle. And, as a wise man one wrote, in a predominantly Black and somewhat white realm, it’s alway soothing to witness a dash of yellow (and brown) in the rye. Runyan sucks. Lets see what the Asian guard is all about.
    Uh, I think in today's NFL, most Guards are bigger than most O Tackles.

I still have a fairly high opinion of both Myers and Runyan going forward, but more than that, I don't see those "yokozumas"/O Line in general making all that much difference in the pass game with a mobile QB. That's how it was with Rodgers, and that's how it is now with Love. I always said, Rodgers was rushed horribly on about 95% of pass plays, and he had a pretty decent career. Ditto that on the pass rush on Love. In the run game, it still seems like most of the success is up the middle/inside zone - often over Myers and Runyan. I'd suggest the reason there hasn't been as much success is less reps for a healthy Aaron Jones.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think in today's NFL, most Guards are bigger than most O Tackles.
    This reminded me that the Packers have a GIANT tackle that:

- wouldn't last on the practice squad the last couple years without being signed elsewhere immediately (yes, that almost happened)
    - is an inactive player every week
    - occupies a roster spot on the 53
    - 24 years old, six foot nine 370lbs (per packers.com)

If your running game is struggling, maybe activate & sub this fucking guy in at either guard or tackle for a few select snaps per game. Or hell, declare him eligible at TE for an extra-jumbo package in an obvious run situation. I mean if the pack is gonna go all "youth, rookie, unconventional, see what we have" why not?
    Last edited by CaptainKickass; 11-26-2023 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Even Captain's make fucking mistakes you fucking fuckers!
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Uh, I think in today's NFL, most Guards are bigger than most O Tackles.
    As usual when you start with "I think" you would be wrong. Anyone with time can look it up. Tackles average an inch and a half taller and 1 pound heavier. I would argue the weight is much more than that as teams don't usually change the listings from the combine, but most tackles add weight to their larger frame. Bak is still listed at 310, but plays at around 330 if I'm guessing.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.