Thread: What will Ted Thompson do about the ILB position in the Off Season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    IR-DTR wasn't really an option after Tretter got hurt. They needed to use that for him, since they had no idea how Linsley would handle it at center. If there was a chance that Hawk could play through it, he needed to try at that point.

But, ....Why didn't he get it fixed last off season, instead of choosing to just lose weight? One article indicated he has been dealing with this a couple years, but it has been getting worse. Are there risks to the surgery that we are unaware of?
    Assuming he lost the weight in the offseason, he had to know before camp there was a problem. He could have chosen surgery at almost any time, including before Tretter's injury. After that it wasn't an option, but he has a lot of time and choices before that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Assuming he lost the weight in the offseason, he had to know before camp there was a problem. He could have chosen surgery at almost any time, including before Tretter's injury. After that it wasn't an option, but he has a lot of time and choices before that.
    That was my point; why didn't he fix it last off season? It seems he knew about it. Had he chosen surgery at any point before Tretter's injury, and Hawks prognosis was really 6 weeks as they are saying now, my guess is that Tretter would still have gotten the IR-DTR when the season started, and they would have carried Hawk on the 53 for the month to six weeks he would have needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That was my point; why didn't he fix it last off season? It seems he knew about it. Had he chosen surgery at any point before Tretter's injury, and Hawks prognosis was really 6 weeks as they are saying now, my guess is that Tretter would still have gotten the IR-DTR when the season started, and they would have carried Hawk on the 53 for the month to six weeks he would have needed.
    is hawk one of those "natural healers"? we know he use to sleep in the hyperbolic chamber, he always struck me as a "holistic healer" type of guy

do we know of any previous surgeries he's ever had?

i can tell you first hand, ankle injuries can slow you waaaaaay down