Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    JS Comments ‏@JSComments 6m6 minutes ago
    Not a single comment worthy of @JSComments. Disappointing.

Red! Quit slacking off!
    Problem solved!

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 22m22 minutes ago
    Sadly,, Ted best move was a HUGE no brainer,Drafting Aaron Rodgers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Problem solved!

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 22m22 minutes ago
    Sadly,, Ted best move was a HUGE no brainer,Drafting Aaron Rodgers
    But was it really? Rodgers was not going to be an impact player for us with Favre starting. I recall many loudly groaned when Ted picked Rodgers, decrying how we needed weapons for Favre. Ted was drafting for the future, what he still does much to the chagrin of many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But was it really? Rodgers was not going to be an impact player for us with Favre starting. I recall many loudly groaned when Ted picked Rodgers, decrying how we needed weapons for Favre. Ted was drafting for the future, what he still does much to the chagrin of many fans.
    The problem that was solved was someone saying something completely at odds with reality.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The problem that was solved was someone saying something completely at odds with reality.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What do you mean?
    The JSOComments Twitter account posts the dumbest things they can find posted as comments on the Journal Sentinel website. He posted the other day that there was nothing worthy of broadcasting (dumb enough to Tweet).

Shortly after they posted that, they found the Rodgers comment (no brainer to draft him) and they were back in business. That was the problem (JSO Comment's lack of material) that I was joking about being solved.

FWIW, drafting Rodgers was seen as great value but most fans were bewildered about taking a QB in Round 1 when there were so many other needs. So while it was probably a slam dunk from Ted's perspective, no fan thought it was the obvious move at the time. That is hindsight talking, which is what makes that comment truly stupid.