Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

It took Woodson more than a month resign himself to take the Packers better offer and come to GB and be a CB.

It takes two to tango. Not only does the dumb money need to be spent, but then players must accept they aren't going to get everything on their wish list.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tahir Whitehead (Re-signed 2-year, $8M deal with DET)
    Vincent Rey (Re-signed 3-year, $11.5M deal with CIN)

Jerrell Freeman (Signed 3-year, $12M deal with CHI)
    Mason Foster (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with WAS)

Brandon Mebane (Signed 3-year, $13.5M deal with SD)
    Adrian Clayborn (Re-signed 2-year, $9M deal with ATL)
    Kendall Reyes (Signed 1-year, $2.5M deal with WAS)

Antonio Gates (Re-signed 2-year, $11M deal with SD)
    Ladarius Green (Signed 4-year, $20M deal with PIT)
    Ben Watson (Signed 2-year, $7M deal with BAL)
    Marcedes Lewis (Re-signed 3-year, $12M deal with JAX)
    Out of these, the only good signings IMO are Whitehead, Reyes, and Green. With free agency, you're more often overpaying for productivity, especially in the first few days when there's a feeding frenzy. The cap is high enough and teams manage theirs now where they have cap space to sign the players they deem worth keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm happy for Scott but if he wanted a shot at a starting job why did he go to Indy?
    He's hoping for bad Luck.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's hoping for bad Luck.
    He'll be here all week, folks! Try the veal!!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Has Tolzien accepted the fact that his best opportunity is as a long term reserve? Is he on the Doug Pedersen career path, a couple years on practice squads followed by 12 years or so as the backup to a star QB or two, where he serves as a sounding board and gathers knowledge and experience for his later career as a head coach?

Raji considering other, non-Packer, unnamed, options according to a source.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...packers-others
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Has Tolzien accepted the fact that his best opportunity is as a long term reserve? Is he on the Doug Pedersen career path, a couple years on practice squads followed by 12 years or so as the backup to a star QB or two, where he serves as a sounding board and gathers knowledge and experience for his later career as a head coach?
    It pays pretty good.

Tolzien's deal: According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Scott Tolzien's deal with the Colts is for two years and $3.5 million — a $500,000 bonus and $1.25 million base salary in 2016 and a $1.75 million base salary in 2017. He earned $1.35 million with Green Bay last season.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It pays pretty good.

Tolzien's deal: According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Scott Tolzien's deal with the Colts is for two years and $3.5 million — a $500,000 bonus and $1.25 million base salary in 2016 and a $1.75 million base salary in 2017. He earned $1.35 million with Green Bay last season.
    Yup, pays well and doesn't come with the typical physical risks of an NFL career. In practice you wear a red jersey, and on game day your biggest risk is getting hit on the sideline while you are looking down at the clipboard.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quite possibly the easiest job in pro sports.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Quite possibly the easiest job in pro sports.
    Bullpen catchers got a good gig too.

Packers were in contact with Forte.

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 1h1 hour ago
    What Matt Forte said today about no Bears offer, Packers interest & reuniting with BM15: http://trib.in/1ppDUIz

$1 million of Perry's money is tied up in active for game bonuses.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 15m15 minutes ago
    Nick Perry got a $1.5M signing bonus on 1-year, $5M deal with #Packers. $1M tied to per-game active bonuses. Can earn extra $250K incentives

Occasionally its nice to see you have read a situation right.

Or it could be because of this:

angelo wright @agentman4156
    NFL Free Agents taking Team visits after Day 2 are doing the Proverbial "walk of Shame". There is "No Money Left."

The difference between Day 1 signers is not much in terms of talent compared to Day 2 - May Day. But the money is hugely different.
    Um.......it's been almost a week and there are no free agents left to be signed. What does this statement have to do with the packers?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Um.......it's been almost a week and there are no free agents left to be signed. What does this statement have to do with the packers?
    MOST of the free agents are left to be signed. And the prices are much better.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    MOST of the free agents are left to be signed. And the prices are much better.
    It's a veritable Filene's Basement, or Kohl's, if you prefer.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Um.......it's been almost a week and there are no free agents left to be signed.
    No free agents left to be signed? Wow! I know I wasn't paying a great deal of attention last week, but I sure must have missed an awful lot of signings.

Who did Jared Cook sign with? I know many on here thought GB should go after him.
    How about Vernon Davis? Some still look at him as a lost opportunity last year. So he's gone now too?

Dang.

Proof there are still FAs available:

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    The Packers have signed defensive end Ray Drew, a street free agent from Georgia, per a source. Drew spent time... http://es.pn/1QSMl89

Proof there are still FAs available:

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    The Packers have signed defensive end Ray Drew, a street free agent from Georgia, per a source. Drew spent time... http://es.pn/1QSMl89
    Sorry. Only Day 1 FAs count.

Or so I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Sorry. Only Day 1 FAs count.

Or so I've been told.

lol. he's a street FA. he'll probably be cut in training camp.