Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    We're playing subpackages 70-80% of the time as it is, and depending on game plan, some games almost 100% of the time.

If we're going to play a lot of 2-4, I would argue that Matthews has to be inside in that alignment - given our personnel. In games where we need to run a lot more 3-4, you can move Matthews outside, and substitute Ryan in the base.

The key to making any of this work, is a 3 down ILB that can function in the base and excel in the subpackages. In the draft, the guys that guys that fit that description and might be available are Darron Lee and Deion Jones.

Would be happy to land either one of those guys in the 1st two rounds.
    I'm studying a 5 Round Mock from NFL.Com.

LB Darron Lee goes to Atlanta at NO. 17

At NO. 33 Tennessee Titans are awarded OLB Deion Jones.

That Mock gives Green Bay ILB Kentrell Brothers (Missouri) at NO. 57 in Round 2.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    He had surgery after the season, and recovery time for that is probably many months. Not surprising that his projected return would be Augustish.
    Ya, I know he had the surgery, but lots of guys have cleanup surgeries after the season, and that is what this was reported to be. He had the surgery in late December, right after he went on IR, and after 2 months of trying to rehab the injury, which occurred week 6, reported as an ankle sprain. After all is said and done, they are looking at 10 months for his recovery.

That was one heck of a sprained ankle, but then again, "they" often say it is easier to recover from a break than a sprain.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    With Cook contract officially filed, the #Packers are $10,957,816 under the 2016 salary cap
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, I know he had the surgery, but lots of guys have cleanup surgeries after the season, and that is what this was reported to be. He had the surgery in late December, right after he went on IR, and after 2 months of trying to rehab the injury, which occurred week 6, reported as an ankle sprain. After all is said and done, they are looking at 10 months for his recovery.

That was one heck of a sprained ankle, but then again, "they" often say it is easier to recover from a break than a sprain.
    Almost sounds like it has to be structural. Either fully torn, displaced and not just bone chips. A recovery of that long seems to indicate they had to repair significant tissue.

If I remember correctly, tendons take longer to heal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Almost sounds like it has to be structural. Either fully torn, displaced and not just bone chips. A recovery of that long seems to indicate they had to repair significant tissue.

If I remember correctly, tendons take longer to heal.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...365082641.html

Montgomery underwent surgery two weeks ago to repair ligament and cartilage damage in his left ankle, the result of an injury suffered against San Diego in Week 6. The surgery came after seven weeks of Montgomery rehabbing the ankle to the point where he thought he was over the hump only to suffer a setback.

There was hope that the ankle might stabilize on its own, but ultimately it required surgery to tighten up the ligament and take care of some of the collateral damage that occurred.

"They fixed some cartilage, fixed some ligaments, some other stuff that needed attention," Montgomery said Tuesday.

Ligaments and cartilage normally don't take an 8 month rehab period, unless its an ACL which bears a lot of torque.

Ligaments and cartilage normally don't take an 8 month rehab period, unless its an ACL which bears a lot of torque.
    It would be 6-7 months. TC will start early because Packers play in HOF game. Plus, it's been common for the Packers to hold out guys who have had offseason surgeries until training camp.

Hello Packer fans?! Its me, Andy Mulumba's agent. You may not have heard much about us/him this offseason but please don't mistake that lack of interest in my client, your former player! Plenty of people have answered the phone when I called! Here is a list of team's I dialed who took my call:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 56m56 minutes ago
    New from JS: Packers free agent OLB Andy Mulumba drawing interest from New England, Kansas City http://ift.tt/1RNF5aU #Packers

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Just had a thought and not sure if anybody else has mentioned this before, but having to play in the HoF game this year might be a blessing in disguise. With Hundley as the backup, hes going to get a lot of playing time this preseason. Some I would guess against premium talent. Thats going to show other teams what hes got. TT could reap the benefits sooner than later if Hundley preforms. Wonder which late round QB they will draft to be no. 3.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Rough.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Mulumba signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs. Dorsey really likes ex-Packer OLBs... Zombo. Dezman Moses. Now Mulumba. Maybe Jayrone will be headed there next offseason.

One less thing to worry about: Vikings Offense

Ben Gosling @GoesslingESPN
    Mike Zimmer wants to merge some of Pat Shurmur and Tony Sparano's ideas into the #Vikings' current offense: http://es.pn/1RXfRwX

One less thing to worry about: Vikings Offense

Ben Gosling @GoesslingESPN
    Mike Zimmer wants to merge some of Pat Shurmur and Tony Sparano's ideas into the #Vikings' current offense: http://es.pn/1RXfRwX
    OK ....

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm studying a 5 Round Mock from NFL.Com.

LB Darron Lee goes to Atlanta at NO. 17

At NO. 33 Tennessee Titans are awarded OLB Deion Jones.

That Mock gives Green Bay ILB Kentrell Brothers (Missouri) at NO. 57 in Round 2.
    I expect Lee will likely be gone, but Jones going 33?? If people are looking at him that high, then he's really shot up draft boards.

I think Brothers is too limited... kind of average at everything. You can find those guys late in the draft.
    wist

Just curious, Wist, you watch a metric shit ton of college football? You've got educated enough opinions that indicate you do.

Or do you just make shit up like the rest of us?

Keys to success:

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Keys to success:...
    organization and GM unimportant
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    organization and GM unimportant
    Not at all. They have to find the QB.

Luck is still potential. This last year threw that claim of consistently contending into all doubt. Until he proves it (and to a lesser extent Wilson too now that he got paid and the team will have cheaper pieces filling out the ranks), that inclusion almost invalidates the premise (if that assumption was incorrect, what else was too).

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Just curious, Wist, you watch a metric shit ton of college football? You've got educated enough opinions that indicate you do.

Or do you just make shit up like the rest of us?
    There are enough guys out there that post player highlight/evaluation videos that it doesn't take long to grease thru them.

Voch Lombardi posts a lot of tape that is already broken down... our own Quality Control if you will.

As for looking at specific players - I count on guys in here and other sources to get me to look at someone who might be buried in the prospect rankings. Other things I look at, are the measurables - if an OT has 31 inch arms, what's the point of looking at his film?? If a CB can only run 4.7, again, no point in looking at his film.
    wist