Page 550 of 563 FirstFirst ... 50 450 500 540 548 549 550 551 552 560 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,000 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

One of these things is not like the other.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bob McGinn's signature/indelible Favre game? His playoff game with Vikes in New Orleans in 2009.

https://t.co/wctRGxSGAR
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hall of Fame locker, items selected by curator of HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bob McGinn's signature/indelible Favre game? His playoff game with Vikes in New Orleans in 2009.

https://t.co/wctRGxSGAR
    Signature game in many ways, including the interception even McGinn called "boneheaded" that was crucial in the outcome.

Random thoughts about the HOF display:

Do they maintain a locker for all HOF members, or is it a temporary display for the new members?
    If it is temporary and will be gone in a few years, I really don't much care what is in it.

If it is "permanent", I think the content matters, because it educates and conveys impressions for years to people who have very little knowledge of his career.

How many others have multiple teams represented in their displays, when only very small parts of their careers were with another team?

If it is intended to highlight the consecutive games record, shouldn't the Jets be represented for being part of the streak? It would better represent the progression of the streak and his longevity.

The display does seem to imply a somewhat equal footing for the Packers and Vikings, although it appears only a Packer helmet is displayed. It seems to me a more appropriate display might have been an all Packer locker, with Jets and Vikings jerseys layered behind the Packer jersey such that each is only half exposed.

I am willing to ignore the Falcons in his display.

i don't believe for one second that bf wasn't consulted.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i don't believe for one second that bf wasn't consulted.

Has anyone checked the curator's background? Closet Viking fan, perhaps?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Don't they have a records section in the HOF? They easily could have had the locker with BF's GB uniform and then a display about his ironman status elsewhere in the museum with all the jerseys he wore during the streak.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I noticed Brett is the only one wearing shorts in that photo with the other HOFers in attendance.

^ Pugger got it!

I think the lockers are just for the inductees. But I don't remember the details.

Gamblin' Rat
    Seriously a DISGRACE!

OK, this is the last straw.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    Favre says he's been on a gluten-free diet after struggling with allergies for years. Said he eats only non-processed foods. Weighs 219.

One of these things is not like the other.
    The guy sitting next to Tony Dungy was always picked last for sports games when he was a kid.

At first glance I thought you photoshopped Madtown in there. But I think the camera angle just exaggerated the size of Eddie D's head.

that display is complete bull shit

talk about pissing in the face of packer fans who just started to get over the whole mess to begin with

Gamblin' Rat
    Guess Bert doesn't feel those last few years was an aberration. Well done Bert, we will never forget you BERT.

Gamblin' Rat
    Joe Montana only has a SF jersey in his even though he finished in KC.

I seriously can't take it any more. FUCK this. Might not even watch it now.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Joe Montana only has a SF jersey in his even though he finished in KC.

I seriously can't take it any more. FUCK this. Might not even watch it now.
    yeah, it really ruins the whole thing imo

I wouldn't have any trouble with Favre thanking the Vikings by displaying a jersey if he felt that loyalty. The HOF honor is about him, not us. If he feels loyalty to both teams, BFD. BTW, those are just people like us over der in Minnesota, they aren't really slime. Sports rivalries are a fun fantasy.

It sounds like Favre had nothing to do with the display:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...play/88299064/

If Favre chose to hang a noosed effigy doll of TT in the locker, I'd say that would be getting close to bad taste.

I no longer remember where I read it, but I don't think this is a permanent display. I don't think every HoFamer has a locker in Canton.

And I get the Vikings mention. He broke Jim Marshall's record.