Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
I never understood getting rid of the moderators, and always figured 'Joe' was some sort of Kyle Shanahan-like control freak. This place seemed to run quite well like that for a while.

Tech help? I've seen enough tech-savyness here to know there's help available from posters. Myself included.

One question that's bothering me about your initial post: if your password was changed, how did you get it back?
If you had moderator access on the old software you could see IP addresses. If the moderators were allowed to continue, then they could match up the IP's for Joe to me and Madtown. That wouldn't have worked very well.

Yes, plenty of help was/is available. I hope that gets used. We damn sure need it. Some of the help I tried to get was from folks here.

I had 3 accounts, (well 4 actually), Joe, administrator, retailguy and a test account called packer fan in tx. We shared administrator on the old software, but when we created the new forum, it worked better to have a new created account because of the way vbulletin imported things. So, that's how Joe was born. They were supposed to be merged, but that hasn't happened yet.

You have to have a unique email address for each one. On 5/20/2011 when I tried to log in, all the passwords were changed. When you fail to log in, you can "click here" to reset your password, but you have to type in an email address. When I tried to reset the Joe password, that email address had been changed, to something only Madtown knows. The email address used to be administrator@packerrats.com which was my email address. That's now the old administrator account, which I can now log into after resetting the password, but no admin/moderator rights are left on that account. I didn't realize this until a few days ago, that i could reset it. Next, my retailguy password was changed, and my main email address, which it was set up with, was no longer active in the database. What I didn't realize was that my hotmail account was actually tied to retailguy. I don't use that email address often, and truthfully, I don't know whether or not Madtown changed it, or I did and forgot. But, once I realized it, I was able to reset my password.

Packer fan in tx was used as a test account to test things like rights, how the main page was viewable, etc. I had used retailguy until one day when mraynrand had tried to block me and I was testing moderator access that day. You can't block a moderator and he got a message stating that retailguy was a moderator. He pm'ed Joe about it, so I tried to explain, and then stopped testing things with retailguy's account as it was too risky. That's when the new test account was born.

Hope that makes sense.