Thread: The Defense - Again, the Defense :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I think the defense is going to be a work in progress for a few weeks yet. As a few reporters have pointed out, by keeping the 4-3 secret during the summer and only working on it in the Hutson center, the D lost a ton reps in practice and the preseason games. Except for a few Geno scrambles and the option toss to Kerley, the run D looked decent. Now if we could just clean up those misdirection plays.
    Geno's run was against some form of the Psycho I think. Peppers was the only lineman I saw, but it might have been a 2 man line.

The 4-3 is also having WAY too much trouble with misdirection. Part of that is Matthews who commits before he has a read and you can't do this as the second line of defense esp. when you have contain.

They are still working out the kinks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The 4-3 is also having WAY too much trouble with misdirection.
    This. Against Seattle and again last night we gave up big plays due an absurd number of guys being fooled at the same time. Like 6 or 7 guys running away from the ball at times. Not sure how you fix rampant gullibility but moving to more zone coverages in the 2nd half seemed to help quite a bit. A little more discipline would go a long long way towards dumping fabreeze on this defense.

Anyone watching the tape is going to have more of the same in stock for us until we show we can sniff it out.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.