Thread: Kaepernick unemployment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    Osweiler and Kaepernick are separated by 8.7 passer rating points, yet Brock was so horrible that Houston has to include a second rounder to give his contract to Cleveland of all teams. The lesson is that QB ratings can be misleading. You watch Kaepernick play live and he's worse than Osweiler. The lack of consistent accuracy last season was astonishing. Really, Clefty hasn't seen swing and misses that terrible since my son-in-law tried to deck me after I called him a wuss for crying when I ran him over in a game of pickup basketball.

Who knows what the future holds? Kaepernick could get a crewcut, salute the flag, throw a thousand passes through a tire swing, and find a team that needs him. America is a land of second chances. Unless you tweet about tentacles.
    Osweiler has never been better than he showed. He was hand selected to start in an established offense with some talent by an established coach. He was also traded because his contract was a talisman of incompetence. Chicago might have had the same experience next offseason, but they drafted a savior behind him.

Kaeppernick was in year 1 of non-NFL Chip Kelly's regime with a dearth of talent. And he out played him. Passer rating or DVOA or ESPN QB index or eyeballs, he was better. In the pocket, he was better. Outside the pocket, forget it.

Market failure. Someone above wrote he will be brought in by someone who loses the established starter. This is probably correct by now. Because he is the only body out there who could actually help you win a game. Its just that no one wants to admit their backup is just window dressing.

Does he have touch? No. He lacks several throws he needs in a traditional offense. You will need to adjust the offense. But that is almost always better than fitting square pegs into round holes. The talent will show through if you let it. Your scheme is not so precious, nor the only way to skin that cat, that it makes it worthwhile to hold on to Hackenburg, McCown or Davis.

Even Matt Flynn struggled to go .500 while keeping M3's offense intact.

Teams cannot afford to get cute with a starting QB. They are happy to get cute in the offseason with a backup QB.
    Last edited by pbmax; 06-09-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.