My very FIRST post in this thread EVER!

TOO SOON! There are THREE parties to this saga... TT and the Pack Org, BF, and the Fans... WE the fans aren't ready yet... I'll admit I'm not ready yet... save this supposed 'happy occasion' for a time when all THREE parties can and will enjoy it... As it stands right now, BF and TT and the Pack Org have been making amends... some fans (like my father) have forgiven him, some fans don't care anymore, and some fans (let me put this politely) just aren't ready yet... If they go through with this, this season, like I'm afraid they will, its only going to come out as a negative... When it happens, I'm scared there will be more boos than cheers and that will cast a shadow over the event when if they wait a couple more years, more fans might come around on the idea... especially if BF has some time to truly show the fans he's sorry...

My reasoning for not being ready yet are mine and mine alone, other fans may share in my reasons but I don't force them on anyone and usually only share them when asked by friends or other fans... i'm willing to share them here and understand not everybody agrees... but again they are my feelings not yours...

When I think about the situation as a whole it was a huge black eye for the organization top to bottom, especially the fans (the one party not getting paid life changing sums of money, in this love triangle)... One word keeps coming to mind... Premeditated... I realize that word is usually followed by the word murder... and in NO way am I comparing murder to the GB,BF fiasco... this isn't a situation where BF got mad once, blew a fuse, and was kicked off the team... BF thought he was GM of the team... he thought he was bigger than any one piece of the team... When he couldn't dictate who made the team and who didn't, he got angry, and his anger grew... It boiled and boiled and boiled until he couldn't take it anymore... He was BF, no. 4, the man! He took things personally and in turn made things personal... Never once thinking about the people and fan base that supported him and his family in a number of heart breaking and soul searching events. To the death of a father, the death of a brother, to a cancer diagnosis, through a pain reliever addiction and others... This wasn't just ANY fan base... this was the GREEN BAY PACKER FAN BASE... and BF and his family devised a plan to not be a member of this organization anymore... He/they tried to get traded, kicked out, retired, not retired back to retired again etc... Anything he could so he could try and find his way to a rival team so he could stick it the GB family... GB tried to smooth things over in my opinion by making concessions... (at one point allowing him to come back and compete for the starting gig, another time offering $20 million to be the face of the franchise, etc...) And that's not to say GB didn't own any fault in this either, because they have guilt as well... So eventually after enough had been enough, the most unthinkable of unthinkable things happened... BF was traded and a fan base was crushed... Even after all the drama, when the trade actually went through, there was a collective gasp, 'The gut punched felt 'round the World'... A fan base lost a family member... So after a failed attempt to play QB for the JETS, whether it was a dick pick text message or high compensation he was released... Finally his Premeditating worked, he could sign with the one team he could stick it to the Packers with...

The day I saw him walk out of the tunnel in GB in a purple uniform, was the day he officially turned his back on me... I thought to myself, while shaking my head, "I hope its worth it" Up to this point everything else could have been forgiven with a little time and space... Now would have been a great time to retire his number had he not walked out of that tunnel in purple... That didn't show me that you loved the game sir, it showed me that you are selfish, vindictive, and you don't care about the people that spent countless amounts of money, sweat and tears to support you and your family... You turned your back on me sir, now that we've had success without you and showed you life goes on without you, you want to come back like a savior in shining armor and have your number retired? NO SIR, HERE'S MY BACK!