Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think he will whip a lot of teams, and beat defenders to a bloody pulp. It will be like a man amongst small, helpless children.
    Or...he'll play like a 29yr old RB with 2K carries under his belt with a year of rust on him.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

30+ years old - potential cliff #1
    3000+ touches in college and nfl - potential cliff #2
    3600 touches HS, college and nfl - potential cliff #3
    It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

I suspect he will still be productive, but not the scary back he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Or...he'll play like a 29yr old RB with 2K carries under his belt with a year of rust on him.
    You beat me to it!

fairley signs a one year deal with rams for 5 million

terrence knighton signs with redskins 1 year 4 million

knighton and fairley > raji

raji< 4 million a year

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'm retracting my thoughts on AP being in Dallas. If they weren't going to give Murray close to the 8M/yr that Philly gave, they are not going near that number for an older back in AP. AP likely will cost at least that much in a restructure after a trade if not more. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get a RB in the draft and they won't have to move much to get one either.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'm retracting my thoughts on AP being in Dallas. If they weren't going to give Murray close to the 8M/yr that Philly gave, they are not going near that number for an older back in AP. AP likely will cost at least that much in a restructure after a trade if not more. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get a RB in the draft and they won't have to move much to get one either.

Agreed. Seems unlikely now. Actually any AP move seems unlikely now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Agreed. Seems unlikely now. Actually any AP move seems unlikely now.
    Except I don't think the Vikings want the contract either. So it might behoove all parties to restructure and agree to a trade if its possible to reduce the damage to the Viking's cap and AP's pocketbook.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Except I don't think the Vikings want the contract either. So it might behoove all parties to restructure and agree to a trade if its possible to reduce the damage to the Viking's cap and AP's pocketbook.

The contract is really easy to absorb. After Wallace and assuming no restructure they have 11M free with him. I think it's a matter of having a pissed off dude on the team which Zimmer doesn't want. Hence kissing his ass left and right even though he was the cause of everything.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You beat me to it!
    Hey, that's what I said to AP!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You beat me!

And that's what AP's kid said to him!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 19m19 minutes ago
    And Vikings announced they have released WR Greg Jennings.

If only Aaron knew what was good for him and didn't avoid throwing to Greg Jennings. Any other QB would have fed him the rock. SMH!

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 24m24 minutes ago
    Greg Jennings signed two years ago this week with the Vikings for a five-year $45M deal. Turned into a two-year $18M deal.

Would have been similar money to stay.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-14-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

and he'd still be making big money if he stayed

he will not get that type of money again IMO

we'll now see how much damage it does to a WR's value going from a HOF QB, to junk

Am I the only one that thinks the Vikings are making a mistake in releasing GJ? They had 3 different QBs last year, none of their WRs put up good numbers. Jennings actually led the team in catches, receiving yards and receiving TDs!
    --

That Suh contract seems just nuts to me. Turns out he has rolling guarantees through 2020. From PFT
    The $60 million ($59.955 million) applies to 2015, 2016, and 2017. Starting in 2018, Suh’s base salaries become fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster on the fifth day of each league year. On the fifth day of the 2018 league year, $16.985 million becomes fully guaranteed. On the fifth day of the 2019 league year, $18.985 million becomes fully guaranteed. On the fifth day of the 2020 league year, $18.36 million becomes fully guaranteed.
    --

OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

30+ years old - potential cliff #1
    3000+ touches in college and nfl - potential cliff #2
    3600 touches HS, college and nfl - potential cliff #3
    It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

I suspect he will still be productive, but not the scary back he has been.
    Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Perhaps the Vikings released Jennings to make room for Jared Boykin.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
    RT @GoesslingESPN: League source says #Vikings asked Jennings to restructure, but sides couldn't reach an agreement.

He's consistent. Betting on getting better money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.

He already had the superhuman abilities. It appears they were granted some time ago. Who comes off an ACL and damn near eclipses the all time best season? He was shit in first couple games that season....anyway, I agree, the factors are what they are and I wouldn't predict any all time great seasons but this guy has shown the normal rules of the world don't always apply to him.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
    RT @GoesslingESPN: League source says #Vikings asked Jennings to restructure, but sides couldn't reach an agreement.

He's consistent. Betting on getting better money elsewhere.

Depends on what they offered him obviously. He should get a decent amount if GMs have any sense....then again the money starts to dry up as free agency goes on.

I can't blame Jennings too much. They trade for a guy who had similar stats, makes just as much money, and then ask Jennings to take a pay cut.