Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    What kind of special hell would it be to have to listen/watch two weeks of Super Bowl hype coming to your home stadium after losing in Championship game?

Two weeks of talking about the Eagles playing in your backyard after you just got rag dolled by them.

Purgatory.
    Nah, no hell here. I’m old, a fucking football game is the least of my worries. I’m not one of those unbalanced motherfuckers who tie their self esteem to a football team who I have neither played on or work for. That said, I am a fan and these guys have certainly bummed me out, as you guys have also experienced the last 7 years as I have.....hope the big game is a good one.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Using the word decent to describe a 27-2 td int season with a pro bowl appearance, then using the word dreck to describe the rest of his career....truly shows the ridiculous bias and spin you use to promote your narratives.
    Define 'dreck' and then apply it without bias. Foles had one very outstanding year, and then pretty much averaged about 80 Qb rating. Hundley is 10 points behind that. I'd say Hundley was dreck and Foles was above dreck (in the other seasons). But that one outstanding year tells you he can be so much more. Hundley - not so much. He has only the Pittsburgh game and a few odd throws here and there and some running plays to recommend him. If you're comparing the two. I didn't read the whole thread, but can only assume the debate was "why didn't TT bring in Foles?" It's a reasonable question, but as always, it's cherry picking.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    Love It! And I love that the Vaunted Viking D finally got exposed. They are good but not insurmountable. And the HC has some culpability here as well. Love this bitch slap. Don't be clapping in the press box when a Guy gets injured.
    Damn straight. Love this loss. The only play that Barr made that stood out exposed him for the punk he is.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How can such a bad beer have such good commercials?
    That beer gives me a major headache every time. Michelob is even worse for me.

Can't believe a team with so many injuries, a back up qb, and an offense built with trades and free agents is competing like this.
    According to most Rats, Philly should have no chance tonight.
    I think most folks didn't give Philly much of a chance because Wentz is out. Foles played out of his mind tonight. Can he repeat that in 2 weeks is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Yea, I guess it wasn't all Wentz. Very nice defense, good play calling and all around solid effort. Home field doesn't hurt and the Vikings have no chance now that they have two OL out.
    You guys lost 2 linemen? I only remember one...

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Anthony Barr is a thug.
    Yes, he's a real ass. After he flipped off Aaron after he drove #12 into the ground this beat down is sweet (sorry Ras...).

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Wonder how the Eagles would fare with a knucklehead like Hundley having to come in after the starter goes down with serious injury during the regular season.

The more I think about how the Packers didn't have a veteran back up to Rodgers, one who at least has been in the fire before, the more I''m convinced Thompson's dismissal was long overdue. He just didn't get it towards the end of his reign.

Also on notice is Stubby and his QB whisperer status. Underwhelming to say the least.
    I don't blame McCoach for Hundley. I don't think anybody at 1265 were sure about Hundley until he actually had to play. Practice and preseason doesn't really tell you. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. And I don't blame Ted for not signing a vet QB and instead trying to bolster other positions last summer. We gambled and lost when Rodgers went down.

Nah, no hell here. I’m old, a fucking football game is the least of my worries. I’m not one of those unbalanced motherfuckers who tie their self esteem to a football team who I have neither played on or work for. That said, I am a fan and these guys have certainly bummed me out, as you guys have also experienced the last 7 years as I have.....hope the big game is a good one.
    Yeah, we got bitch-slapped in Atlanta last year. No fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by yeti
    Can't believe a team with so many injuries, a back up qb, and an offense built with trades and free agents is competing like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think most folks didn't give Philly much of a chance because Wentz is out. Foles played out of his mind tonight. Can he repeat that in 2 weeks is the question.
    Just a quick check shows (best I can tell) Philly started #4, 12, and 13, overall picks tonight. #14 Barnett comes of the bench. Last time the Packers picked as high as 14 was 2009 (Raji at 9).

But I think the Packers' offseason moves pretty much tell the story - and will tell the story - that they are moving on from so strict a draft/develop program due to this season's results.

Respect. Pack got routed last yr in NFCC after a great playoff victory. Win/lose -- we still booze.

Using the word decent to describe a 27-2 td int season with a pro bowl appearance, then using the word dreck to describe the rest of his career....truly shows the ridiculous bias and spin you use to promote your narratives.
    Signing replacement level talent isn't a strategy I am very fond of that is true.

Foles has worked out OK for an Eagles team playing great ball, but until today I did not see him win the games.

We'll see what the Patriots find in his now four weeks of film.

Signing Foles is just garden variety shuffling of dreck. Developing Hundley promised much more. The failure for the Packers was the latter, not the former. Though I'll admit losing your starting QB in Week 14 makes a veteran backup look more attractive than a young vet making his first start.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Myles Jack is really good and boy does he play nasty through the whistle. Seems like his knee is holding up okay. Jaguars got themselves a steal if only for a few years. Leonard Fournette is exceptional as well. At the end of the day, picking high and drafting talented players goes a long way, even without a QB.

If I'm a good QB going to hit the market, like what's his face in Washington, I put in a call to Jacksonville. They have a premier, young defender at each level, and an unbelievable stable of running backs. Add in Allen Robinson and they have good WRs too. Much to like about that spot down there.

Bortles has one year left. I'd strongly consider cutting him early or letting him ride pine and bring in the Gunslinger from Washington and winning a super bowl next year. They're a QB away from being a younger version of 2013 Seattle, the greatest team I have ever personally seen.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
    #Vikings WR Adam Thielen played all but one snap last night and had 3 catches for 28 yards, while dealing with slight fractures in his back. Was in incredible pain

nfl.com: https://t.co/dCP6IaqSSb
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Signing replacement level talent isn't a strategy I am very fond of that is true.

Foles has worked out OK for an Eagles team playing great ball, but until today I did not see him win the games.

Signing Foles is just garden variety shuffling of dreck. Developing Hundley promised much more. The failure for the Packers was the latter, not the former. Though I'll admit losing your starting QB in Week 14 makes a veteran backup look more attractive than a young vet making his first start.
    I agree with most of this except for the fact that you did have evidence of Foles playing well in a collection of actual regular season NFL games. That of course you address by your critique of the Packer staff thinking that Hundley was ready (did they really believe this? Or were they just crossing fingers that Rodgers didn't get hurt/didn't want to put money and time into a vet QB).

Either way, you're kinda wasting time replying to Yeti. His first troll post was a strawman. People here who acknowledge TT's indisputable top 5 GM performance over his career don't dispute that there are other ways to build successful teams.

Reading through the pats/jags thread is like living in bizarro world. Rut, the most negative poster around, is a complete pats homer? Who knew?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Rut, the most negative poster around, is a complete pats homer? Who knew?
    Like the rest of the constitutive complainers, he thinks the Packers ought to be as successful as the greatest coach/GM/QB in NFL history. And yeah, bandwagon riders can be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree with most of this except for the fact that you did have evidence of Foles playing well in a collection of actual regular season NFL games. That of course you address by your critique of the Packer staff thinking that Hundley was ready (did they really believe this? Or were they just crossing fingers that Rodgers didn't get hurt/didn't want to put money and time into a vet QB).

Either way, you're kinda wasting time replying to Yeti. His first troll post was a strawman. People here who acknowledge TT's indisputable top 5 GM performance over his career don't dispute that there are other ways to build successful teams.
    I think the question about the backup QB is pretty fascinating. Packer writers might be obsessed about veteran depth at CB, which I find to be a red herring, but the QB spot is a different matter.

Developing a younger player has risks as we saw this year and in the other year of the collarbone. Having Rodgers and Flynn succeed while Harrell, Coleman and Hundey failed is about as good an illustration as you could have of the risk/reward.

But just as with any FA, the hit rate on vets is still going to be 50%. Keenum and Foles are working now (or were up until 7 PM on Sunday) but history suggests they will fall back to earth. I have no feel for Hundley's prospects.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Wolf used to sign "seasoned" vets of NFL wars to back up Favre (McMahon, Bono, Mirer, etc.). Sherman signed Akili Smith and Tim Couch, but for reasons beyond logic, those signings failed to blossom. Ideally, you want a Hostetler, a Reich, a Foles, and a Keenum backing up your star QB. But any seasoned vet worthy of an inspiration would do just fine.

The Hun showed some kung fus as a rookie. But they weren't actually kung fus, but instead, illusions. Bluntly put, Hundley can't play. In the last TC, Hundley was outplayed by a 27 year old rookie free agent. Todd should've signed a seasoned vet to backup A-Rod. Someone like Kap.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Wolf used to sign "seasoned" vets of NFL wars to back up Favre (McMahon, Bono, Mirer, etc.). Sherman signed Akili Smith and Tim Couch, but for reasons beyond logic, those signings failed to blossom. Ideally, you want a Hostetler, a Reich, a Foles, and a Keenum backing up your star QB. But any seasoned vet worthy of an inspiration would do just fine.

The Hun showed some kung fus as a rookie. But they weren't actually kung fus, but instead, illusions. Bluntly put, Hundley can't play. In the last TC, Hundley was outplayed by a 27 year old rookie free agent. Todd should've signed a seasoned vet to backup A-Rod. Someone like Kap.
    Probably because they sucked.