Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    let me clarify

we need someone we can put on the other teams top WR, and hold him under 150 yards
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Very true.
    I would settle for FOUR NFL caliber corners (above replacement level) before I choose one top flight corner.

A defense can handle or double the guy getting 150 yards, if its not in 20 yard chucks, you can defend it. Its the other lesser lights killing you that allows a team to get 500 yards of offense.

Not an argument against a FA or first round CB, just a matter of what would help the defense more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would settle for FOUR NFL caliber corners (above replacement level) before I choose one top flight corner.

A defense can handle or double the guy getting 150 yards, if its not in 20 yard chucks, you can defend it. Its the other lesser lights killing you that allows a team to get 500 yards of offense.

Not an argument against a FA or first round CB, just a matter of what would help the defense more.
    we almost always refused to try and double team the guy going nuts on us this year, why would that change next year?

and i suppose it doesn't help much when one of your safeties is having to be the 3rd ILB on the field