Thread: 2015: Perry and Neal Contract Drive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    From what I can tell, he's strong enough to set the edge against the run. He has one pass rush move -- a bull rush. When he gets to the QB he hits like a hammer and has forced fumbles. He's stiff in space so you don't want him doing a lot of drops into coverage.
    Not sure he's starter level, but you could do worse. Biggest knock is he can't stay healthy. I give him credit for playing hurt and not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    From what I can tell, he's strong enough to set the edge against the run. He has one pass rush move -- a bull rush. When he gets to the QB he hits like a hammer and has forced fumbles. He's stiff in space so you don't want him doing a lot of drops into coverage.
    Not sure he's starter level, but you could do worse. Biggest knock is he can't stay healthy. I give him credit for playing hurt and not complaining.

This.

I have read elsewhere that Perry has only one rush move. This leads me to wonder what the reasons or reasons are that he has yet to develop another one or two, which would greatly increase his value.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This.

I have read elsewhere that Perry has only one rush move. This leads me to wonder what the reasons or reasons are that he has yet to develop another one or two, which would greatly increase his value.
    If you have one good move, and he does, it doesn't seem like that great a leap to develop a counter. But he might be the kind of kid that needs to do all that training and learning on the field. And between injuries and job sharing, he might not have reached critical mass. But even if that is true, its mighty late in the game.

You'd like to see him get one solid season to work out the kinks, but he cannot get out of his own way.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.