Thread: 2023 2nd Round Pick #50 WR Jayden Reed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Thoughts on how reed and his route running compares to Greg Jennings ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Thoughts on how reed and his route running compares to Greg Jennings ??
    We all seem to want to compare guys to Greg Jennings. In my opinion, Jennings was a very, very, very good receiver. I thought the Packer should've paid the guy, but Ted rarely did that. I'm not sure why he wouldn't re-up Jennings. The guy was really pretty incredible. Not as good as Davante Adams, but in my opinion, better than Driver or Jones or Antonio Freeman or maybe even Jordy Nelson.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    We all seem to want to compare guys to Greg Jennings. In my opinion, Jennings was a very, very, very good receiver. I thought the Packer should've paid the guy, but Ted rarely did that. I'm not sure why he wouldn't re-up Jennings. The guy was really pretty incredible. Not as good as Davante Adams, but in my opinion, better than Driver or Jones or Antonio Freeman or maybe even Jordy Nelson.

Agree Fritz; Jennings was a huge huge loss. He was the 3rd best route runner I have seen in Green Bay behind Sterling Sharpe and Devante Adams. He was way better than Driver, Jones, Freeman, and better than Jordy as well.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That was Ted, going with the better to let a guy go a year too early than a year too late. It's pretty risky signing a WR to a THIRD contract, as with RBs they don't always do so well after 30. His numbers for MIN bear that out, although he mostly bad QBs to deal with. If you're going to let a guy like that walk, you better start finding a replacement though.

Jordy was a little bit better than Jennings, but it's pretty close. Agree timing on the juggernaut O helped.
    Also like Reed being comp'd to Cobb or Hilton better than to Jennings.

Jordy, Driver, Jennings and Freeman can all be bunched into the same group.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Jordy, Driver, Jennings and Freeman can all be bunched into the same group.
    Freeman is a step down for me. Without Favre’s ungodly cannon, that guy would rarely have gotten the ball. He completely disappeared when he left Green Bay.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!