Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    IT's not too hard to guess what happened. Van Pelt wanted to be an OC, so he let the Packers know he was going to let his contract expire. Rodgers and everyone else knew this. Probably Van Pelt and maybe Rodgers had some expectation that Van Pelt would be hired by the Packers as OC (or at least interview) at some point. When Bennett was let go, and Van Pelt wasn't interviewed, that was the end of the relationship. I note that Van Pelt didn't get hired as OC by anyone, so make of that what you will. Packers probably should have told Rodgers, but I'm guessing he'd be disappointed for (what looks like) his friend in any case, unless they'd hired him as OC. But Packers and Van Pelt letting the contract expire (assume this was mutual) meant that he either got a promotion or he's gone. Rodgers will get over it. He should be smart enough to have seen the writing on the wall - He can't be naive enough to think that Van Pelt would stay without being promoted. Why would they need to talk to Rodgers and explain anything if Rodgers knew Van Pelt's contract wasn't being renewed? Maybe, like Favre, his best friend as he gets to be the oldest guy on the team will be some equipment guy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    IT's not too hard to guess what happened. Van Pelt wanted to be an OC, so he let the Packers know he was going to let his contract expire. Rodgers and everyone else knew this. Probably Van Pelt and maybe Rodgers had some expectation that Van Pelt would be hired by the Packers as OC (or at least interview) at some point. When Bennett was let go, and Van Pelt wasn't interviewed, that was the end of the relationship. I note that Van Pelt didn't get hired as OC by anyone, so make of that what you will. Packers probably should have told Rodgers, but I'm guessing he'd be disappointed for (what looks like) his friend in any case, unless they'd hired him as OC. But Packers and Van Pelt letting the contract expire (assume this was mutual) meant that he either got a promotion or he's gone. Rodgers will get over it. He should be smart enough to have seen the writing on the wall - He can't be naive enough to think that Van Pelt would stay without being promoted. Why would they need to talk to Rodgers and explain anything if Rodgers knew Van Pelt's contract wasn't being renewed? Maybe, like Favre, his best friend as he gets to be the oldest guy on the team will be some equipment guy.
    I suspect getting Philbin back will soften any misgivings #12 has about losing Van Pelt.

Watch this interview of AR on the Dan Patrick show especially near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOA4GfRLzc

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect getting Philbin back will soften any misgivings #12 has about losing Van Pelt.

Watch this interview of AR on the Dan Patrick show especially near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOA4GfRLzc
    I like how Rodgers talked abut changing that catch rule on the sideline and end zone. I think that's the right way to go.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck