Thread: Packers To Hire Pettine As DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am hoping he is more dullard than authoritarian and doesn't really do much with his newfound position. The PC with Guteus Maximus was a testament to having it both ways.

Murphy said he was more involved in the football side of things in the last couple of years but was still unaware there were communication and collaboration problems. If Mike Florio can detect them from West Virginia but you cannot in your own building while spending time on that side of the business, you are not very aware.

I think even McGinn launched a column with McCarthy's impatience with Thompson last year.

And that baseline could mean he wants them to talk or he might decide he needs to decide. If he starts deciding, then the thread is a go.

Actually, I'd be stunned if we don't have an fire Murphy thread somewhere on standby.
    ^^^I think the Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT thread should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    ^^^I think the Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT thread should suffice.
    I have to hand it to Vincenzo, we have gotten a lot of run out of it. Though its title is not in the classic form. Maybe we can adopt a reformed thread title cannon.

Meanwhile, Rex has me all fired up for Pettine.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

More Rex:

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ator-in-league

Rex Ryan thought Mike Pettine was just a video guy, someone who could help him put together film that would keep his Baltimore Ravens players interested and focused on the game plans.

That was 16 years ago, when Ryan was the Ravens' defensive line coach and Pettine worked in the team’s video department.

He quickly discovered that Pettine was much, much more.

“He’s the smartest guy in the room,” Ryan said.
    And that comes without a caveat, Ryan said. It doesn’t matter who’s in the room.

“I was trying to spice up my presentations, and the more I talked to him, I realized, ‘Holy cow, this dude knows everything, he’s a real football guy,’” Ryan, now an ESPN analyst, said in an interview Wednesday – one day after the Packers hired Pettine as their new defensive coordinator.

“So when we had the chance, we made him quality control coach, and then outside linebackers and then defensive coordinator. He was my right-hand man forever.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Finally, something we can look forward to..... Brains and Coaching in Green Bay.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-10-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I have to hand it to Vincenzo, we have gotten a lot of run out of it. Though its title is not in the classic form. Maybe we can adopt a reformed thread title cannon.

Meanwhile, Rex has me all fired up for Pettine.
    As a rookie I'm good with that, pbmax. And I guess the hind tit will just have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    As a rookie I'm good with that, pbmax. And I guess the hind tit will just have to do.
    Writing the word tit will lure Patler back Pronto.

We all know now that he's just not a football expert.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau