Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The German dude the Vikes took will be a better player than Ted's latest WR bust.
    That guy is a HUGE question mark. If he is, great!

I'm not counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Murphy is a good player. Has an injury, but I had him projected as a 4th round pick. Just didn't think they'd double dip at OT. Perhaps TT envisions one of these guys kicking inside to OG. The depth at OL could be stellar now.

Murphy was my 12th rated OT. Fits a zone scheme very well. Productive.
    Could these guys play inside? Both are 6'6", seems kind of tall. Sitton/Lang at 6'3" and 6'4"
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Dean Lowry is tied with Datone Jones for best athlete at DE that Thompson has taken.
    Jason Spriggs is the most athletic OL that Thompson has taken.
    Trevor Davis is the third most athletic WR that Thompson has taken behind Terrence Murphy and Jeff Janis.

Mind you, this is based on measurables at the combine, and I fully acknowledge that sometimes guys don't play as well as they time. I find it interesting nonetheless. The rest of the guys kind of fit Thompson's wheelhouse for athleticism. The two LBs are right in the middle of the players that Thompson has taken. Since Martinez is about the same in this draft class, there's nothing to read from that. Thompson usually goes for guys that are near the top athletically at OLB. Clark is right in the middle. Athletically, he's pretty similar to Raji (although Raji was much bigger) and Josh Boyd. Yet, Clark ranked near the top among this draft class for 3-4 NTs. Some of the other guys though projected more as 3-4 DEs but I have them listed as DTs. Murphy didn't test because of an injury. It's rare that Thompson takes somebody that wasn't able to test at all.
    Nice analysis. Thanks Harv for everything you've posted. Big part of a good draft experience on Packerrats.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    That guy is a HUGE question mark. If he is, great!

I'm not counting on it.
    Every draft has some workout/measurables heroes. This guy is that, but he could be more. Won't know until you know!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 39m39 minutes ago
    TT not closing door on Mike Neal: "Lot of different things that could happen over the course of the offseason that could change things."
    I'd be all kinds of surprised if Neal were to come back, even moreso now with two new DL bodies in the draft. There doesn't seem to be any interest in him, I didn't hear anything about him having visits in FA at all, which surprises me a little.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Could these guys play inside? Both are 6'6", seems kind of tall. Sitton/Lang at 6'3" and 6'4"
    Gutekunst said Spriggs bends well so he thought his height would not prevent him from playing inside. Still, TT didn't trade away 2 picks to move up in the 2nd round to draft a guy to play Guard.

CBS did mention this about Murphy:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...43/kyle-murphy

He is very effective, on the other hand, as a drive blocker, showing surprising flexibility to get under the pads of opponents and impressive leg drive to consistently move the pile.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a look at Guard.

No Packer pick in the 7th round. No THAT surprises me. TT definitely does not follow a plan
    and some posters think he is predictable.
    --

Award for the worst draft this year has to be Dallas. I can only assume their illustrius GM (JJ is still the official GM, right?) exerted his authority and did just what he pleased.

RB in top 5? Medical redshirt in 2nd? Collins? Dunno. Prescott is interesting at least, I wonder what Romo will say to him regarding his Twitter tirade a while back...

Dak Prescott
    ‏@15_DakP
    No! He doesn't finish & None of those INTs were Bc of the O-line. #noexcuses

Nah Jacey!! You're suppose to Throw it over the guys head. That was the most embarrassing one of them all. #stoptakingupforhim

lol!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    No Packer pick in the 7th round. No THAT surprises me. TT definitely does not follow a plan
    and some posters think he is predictable.
    TT traded away his 7th last year too. I'm okay with it. TT hasn't really come up with the kind of 7th round steals that Wolf did (Tauscher, Timmerman, Driver).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    TT pisses me off...a lot.

of course your correct KYPack...I'll be fine by next Wednesday...or Thursday....or Friday.......
    Well yeah, everybody has their draft day ritual.

I gave up all my lists and pre draft lookin' after the 2007 draft.

Now, I use the draft to learn the new kids names.

Also, thx to the Moose, B-Man, Harve, PB and all the draftniks.

I don't read the sites, I just come to the Rat nest for my draft info.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Well yeah, everybody has their draft day ritual.

I gave up all my lists and pre draft lookin' after the 2007 draft.

Now, I use the draft to learn the new kids names.

Also, thx to the Moose, B-Man, Harve, PB and all the draftniks.

I don't read the sites, I just come to the Rat nest for my draft info.

Awesome KY. I was a late bloomer, but also adopted your way. I usually get a draft guide right before the draft to look guys up but really it's just me absorbing the prospects through osmosis of listening to NFL radio to know who I *think* I want. Guys like Harv and others who pour over this stuff do a good service because as the Brits would say, I can't be arsed to do it myself.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 52s52 seconds ago
    And with last pick in last round, Tennessee makes Southern Miss DB Kalan Reed this year's Mr. Irrelevant.

And with that gentleman, the 2016 draft has come to a close......let the BS grading and judging begin!

Hell, I like reading them!

Who's gonna start the UDFA thread?

I will help fill it in, but I am busy giving each of the draft picks their own thread so we an make ourselves look foolish in two years.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Maybe Harv will come up with a best available list from his info.

Jeff Potrykus ‏@jaypo1961 54s54 seconds ago
    Former #Badgers LB Schobert said Browns will work him at outside and inside backer to see where he fits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    DAM; I wanted Schoebert to go to GB or NE so he's win a SB. He went to the flippin Browns
    Interesting tidbit about Schobert is that he walked on at Wisconsin. The only scholarship offer he got was from North Dakota. UND Fighting Sioux, not the NDSU Bison though.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Maybe injury or character concern that we don't know about?? The bengals took him. I'm guessing it's character.
    I heard the reason Billings fell was because teams felt he was a good run stuffer but not so hot a pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Good Christ, Billings has more shake than Clark... you can see it on the tape.
    Then why did he slide so far down?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    His last two picks = BUSTS !

I start out every Draft optimistic. Tring my best to believe this time TT will have it together.

By this time on Saturday I usually feel the same:

Pissed off !
    Wouldn't it be prudent to wait and see if they can play before declaring them busts?