Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Bears can end up looking very foolish if they trade or cut him this off season. The questions about Jay Cutler today are no different than the questions about him during the off season. The Bears should have had the guts to let him go last off season. They are learning a very expensive lesson. Alternatively, they would have been better off using the franchise tag on him if they felt the need to give him a second year with Trestman.

If I understand the "Spotrac" breakdown correctly, the total guarantee as of March 2014 was $38M, and an additional $10M guarantees in 3/2015. If they dump him before March, they are still on the hook next year for a $19.5M cap hit after a cap charge this year of $18.5M.

$38M for one year of service.

Trade? Does anyone want him at roughly $16-21M/year? How much will they give to take on that obligation? Does a 32 year old 10 year vet still have "upside" to hope for????

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The Bears can end up looking very foolish if they trade or cut him this off season. The questions about Jay Cutler today are no different than the questions about him during the off season. The Bears should have had the guts to let him go last off season. They are learning a very expensive lesson. Alternatively, they would have been better off using the franchise tag on him if they felt the need to give him a second year with Trestman.

If I understand the "Spotrac" breakdown correctly, the total guarantee as of March 2014 was $38M, and an additional $10M guarantees in 3/2015. If they dump him before March, they are still on the hook next year for a $19.5M cap hit after a cap charge this year of $18.5M.

$38M for one year of service.

Trade? Does anyone want him at roughly $16-21M/year? How much will they give to take on that obligation? Does a 32 year old 10 year vet still have "upside" to hope for????
    How about a bucket of ice cold water thrown on his head daily?

" Hey Jay...Are you in there? .... Screw it get the bucket !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Let's hope Clausen has more Shaun Hill or Paul Justin in him than Manziel did last week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Let's hope Clausen has more Shaun Hill or Paul Justin in him than Manziel did last week.
    It doesn't matter................. Lions win.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

According to the National Football Post, the Jets might actually need Cutler's contract. The CBA requires teams to spend minimum amounts in four year periods, and the Jets are almost 5% below the minimum through the first two years.

According to the National Football Post, the Jets might actually need Cutler's contract. The CBA requires teams to spend minimum amounts in four year periods, and the Jets are almost 5% below the minimum through the first two years.
    I would buy Jets tickets to see Rex Ryan coach Jay Cutler. But I don't think Rex is there much longer.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would buy Jets tickets to see Rex Ryan coach Jay Cutler. But I don't think Rex is there much longer.