Thread: A Hater's Take, Part II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Yea Brady and Manning do the same thing and I have no problem with Rodgers doing it.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence- Vince Lombardi
    I don't like it when Manning or Brady do it either. Manning always looks like a crybaby when he is bitching at his teammates. Coaches are the ones that demand perfection, not quarterbacks. If McCarthy doesn't like what he sees then he can go chew a little ass, but Rodgers needs to go on to the next play. Nobody bitched at him when he missed Jennings two times in a row for a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't like it when Manning or Brady do it either. Manning always looks like a crybaby when he is bitching at his teammates. Coaches are the ones that demand perfection, not quarterbacks. If McCarthy doesn't like what he sees then he can go chew a little ass, but Rodgers needs to go on to the next play. Nobody bitched at him when he missed Jennings two times in a row for a first down.
    Agree. It doesn't pay off long term to do this. One of the things I admired about Favre was that he kept most of that private, and did not display those feelings on the field until much later in his career. And even then I don't think it helped him at all.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    In Favre's case I remember during McCarthy's first year as coach he got after Clifton and Colledge a couple of times. Favre was pressing late in his career to win and it sometimes brought out the worst of his character. You don't lead the NFL in all time interceptions thrown and then bitch at teammates on the field. Favre understood mistakes better than anyone, whether it was throwning INTs or getting a receiver decked by throwing high over the middle.