Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    This part of the Wilfs statement is particularly laughable (not that the situation causing the decision is at all laughable):

"We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization. We embrace our role – and the responsibilities that go with it – as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."

Translation...when the bottom line started to be affected, we realized we messed up and reversed our previous snap decision.

I'm not sure what the rush was to make this decision on Monday. Couldn't they have taken the time to privately take the temperature of the room, talk to corporate sponsors, some fans, press and get an idea of their outrage before making a decision seemingly in a vacuum and then having to reverse course the next day? That's embarrassing. I wonder how Rastak feels this morning.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    This part of the Wilfs statement is particularly laughable (not that the situation causing the decision is at all laughable):

"We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization. We embrace our role – and the responsibilities that go with it – as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."

Translation...when the bottom line started to be affected, we realized we messed up and reversed our previous snap decision.

I'm not sure what the rush was to make this decision on Monday. Couldn't they have taken the time to privately take the temperature of the room, talk to corporate sponsors, some fans, press and get an idea of their outrage before making a decision seemingly in a vacuum and then having to reverse course the next day? That's embarrassing. I wonder how Rastak feels this morning.
    Really tired, unrelated to this stuff. They should have stuck to their original decision although that does make me a hypocrit since I was fine with them booting Chris Cook after he choked his girlfriend until her eyeballs popped out. I think this is really a matter of this dude being completely misguided in his beliefs. Hope he gets some help.

Anyway, I really wish I could share in the outrage. I was pretty upset at the charges but at the end of the day we do have a legal system. As for football which is a minor part of it, doesn't concern me too much.

A dude with that that many kids better get his shit straight when it comes to dealing with them.