Thread: JS ARTICLE "WITH SB IN SIGHT< RODGERS DOES NOT DELIVER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I still put almost all of the blame on the coaching staff... Rodgers played fine IMO. Seattle is a tough defense, bullets are flying - what killed us was idiotic decisions from the sideline and being choked with caution - that also eminated from the sidelines.

Both MM and dunderdummy went completely stupid in the final 5 minutes, and flubbed the game away. Unfortunately, I'm sure they've learned nothing, and will do the exact same things next time we are in that situation - if we are lucky enough to ever get back to that situation again with this regime.

They largely wasted Favre's career, and they are largely wasting Rodgers' career - it is what it is. We got two SB's out of 2 HOF QB's... we should have had more.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

They largely wasted Favre's career.
    Who are you talking about? McCarthy saved Favre's sinking career, as did TT. Capers never coached with Favre.

Favre was just as responsible as Packer leadership for 'wasting' his career (of course I would never consider his career wasted, since I don't based my evaluation on SB wins alone, as it seems many other do). What do they say - a leopard never changes it's spots - and neither did Favre, even with MN leadership.

But I agree, the coaches, the entire team did a face plant after the Burnett INT.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Who are you talking about? McCarthy saved Favre's sinking career, as did TT. Capers never coached with Favre.

Favre was just as responsible as Packer leadership for 'wasting' his career (of course I would never consider his career wasted, since I don't based my evaluation on SB wins alone, as it seems many other do). What do they say - a leopard never changes it's spots - and neither did Favre, even with MN leadership.

But I agree, the coaches, the entire team did a face plant after the Burnett INT.
    I wouldn't place the blame entirely on the coaching staff either. The list of guilty parties is a long one.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I still put almost all of the blame on the coaching staff....
    If any blame is to be laid it most deservedly should go right there.

Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers screwed up terribly in Seattle.

Dom Capers exists as the Packers DC because Mike McCarthy admires him.

Shawn Slocum exists because Mike McCarthy accepts comparative poor performance on ST's.

Going forward it's Mike McCarthy's responsibility to end the nonsense.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau