Thread: Davante Adams -- 5 toughest CBs

Davante Adams -- 5 toughest CBs

Nice article by Davante Adams.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/da...-toughest-nfl/

Outside of his discussion of different opponent (and one ex-Packer) CB, it highlights what is expected of a WR in the GB offense.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Nice article by Davante Adams.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/da...-toughest-nfl/

Outside of his discussion of different opponent (and one ex-Packer) CB, it highlights what is expected of a WR in the GB offense.
    Real nice read. Sounds like he is now getting it down.

I really enjoyed that. Maybe I'll jump on the Fresno freak bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I really enjoyed that. Maybe I'll jump on the Fresno freak bandwagon.
    I’m already on it. That was a great article.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Excellent article. Thanks.

My main takeaway? No wonder Janis ain't playing a lot of WR!

I wonder if Max McGee could play WR in today's Packer system. I think things were a whole lot simpler back then.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I thought the most interesting part was about how he thought Sam Shields was the heart and soul of the defense when he arrived. Maybe the loss of Shields was a huge part of the defensive struggles over the past couple years.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I thought the most interesting part was about how he thought Sam Shields was the heart and soul of the defense when he arrived. Maybe the loss of Shields was a huge part of the defensive struggles over the past couple years.
    I found that interesting too. Perhaps we are still reeling from losing Sam.

Agreed. Very interesting comment by Fresno Freak. He also sort of said that speed is the number one attribute of a great cornerback. Speed covers a lot of ills. But when speed is paired with athleticism, size and attitude, you've got shut down corners like Peterson and Sherman.

Against this metric our current CB's suck big time, with the possible exception of Randall. But even Randall lacks elite speed and size.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Agreed. Very interesting comment by Fresno Freak. He also sort of said that speed is the number one attribute of a great cornerback. Speed covers a lot of ills. But when speed is paired with athleticism, size and attitude, you've got shut down corners like Peterson and Sherman.

Against this metric our current CB's suck big time, with the possible exception of Randall. But even Randall lacks elite speed and size.
    Sam had elite speed but not necessarily size.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Sam had elite speed but not necessarily size.
    Yeah, Adams pointed that out in the article but said the Sam's exceptional speed and attitude made up for his lack of elite size.

I also forgot about King when I commented about our CB's. King has size, speed and attitude, I guess the only thing in question about him is durability and maybe his athleticism.

That very well could be so, but. TT is supposed to be great at his job. No excuses, he's had plenty of time to fix it.

That very well could be so, but. TT is supposed to be great at his job. No excuses, he's had plenty of time to fix it.

I commend the person who actually did the writing of the article. I am not sure many or any professional football players actually write that well.

The article also points up the complexity of the game. To Maxie's point, I'm not sure having Max McGee reeling around the field half-drunk making catches on accidental routes would fly any more.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    your story has become tiresome
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ...Max McGee reeling around the field half-drunk making catches on accidental routes...
    That's exactly how I post!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post

TT and the Packer Scouting Dept.

Leave the Green Bay Packer generally in 'a big hole'.

Any Ten Packerrats could Draft better.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau