Thread: What a fucking disgrace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    "When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up."

Why would that tell you that the scheme itself is the problem? Seems like a player not able to win an individual match-up to me.
    We discussed on here that Driver's time was done when teams used a linebacker on him with success. If teams really are doing that with Cobb, paying him what they did was a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    We discussed on here that Driver's time was done when teams used a linebacker on him with success. If teams really are doing that with Cobb, paying him what they did was a huge mistake.
    Totally agree. Unrelated to the quote I posted, I think Cobb is very overrated. He is a great slot receiver but he is also very, very small. There are lots of guys like him in the college ranks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Watch some of the patterns being run. I could cover Cobb on some of these. Also, how often do you actually see a LB covering Cobb. I don't really know what the logic is behind the jogging routes, but I'm not finding anyone dissecting it in a rational way as of yet. Cobb is limited in some ways, but his being locked down/ineffective is more than him just losing it from one season to the next you would think.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Watch some of the patterns being run. I could cover Cobb on some of these. Also, how often do you actually see a LB covering Cobb. I don't really know what the logic is behind the jogging routes, but I'm not finding anyone dissecting it in a rational way as of yet. Cobb is limited in some ways, but his being locked down/ineffective is more than him just losing it from one season to the next you would think.
    Well that was insightful and exciting as watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ya, that's why I wrote what I did. Can't believe teams really are neutralizing Cobb with a LB.

Ya, that's why I wrote what I did. Can't believe teams really are neutralizing Cobb with a LB.
    He and Jones are running a lot of routes where they end it quickly, like they are not the primary target. If Rodgers keeps the ball or moves, they re-engage. I think its vets taking a play off.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He and Jones are running a lot of routes where they end it quickly, like they are not the primary target. If Rodgers keeps the ball or moves, they re-engage. I think its vets taking a play off.
    The All-22 shows near constant bracket coverage on Cobb during this whole shit-spell the offense is in.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The All-22 shows near constant bracket coverage on Cobb during this whole shit-spell the offense is in.
    I believe it. His DB is usually in his shorts. But it would help if Cobb was better versus that kind of press coverage. Or if someone would make them pay for that attention to a slot receiver.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.