Thread: Will Cobb earn the big contract many are expecting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cobb (slot) is a different receiver than Adams (outside), so it's hard to compare what Cobb is to what Adams may be. It's unlikely that Adams will ever be the slot receiver that Cobb is.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Cobb (slot) is a different receiver than Adams (outside), so it's hard to compare what Cobb is to what Adams may be. It's unlikely that Adams will ever be the slot receiver that Cobb is.
    Wasn't it McGinn who wrote an article at the start of the year, expressing the opinion that Adams might be best-suited to the slot, and might turn out to be the reason the Packers would not bring back Cobb? I think it was in the article where he discussed that Cobb seemed to be most productive on broken plays and not very productive running the actual slot-receiver routes.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think it was in the article where he discussed that Cobb seemed to be most productive on broken plays and not very productive running the actual slot-receiver routes.
    That is accurate.

Cobb has had trouble separating b/c he's not the great route runner that Jennings was. How great was Jennings? Check this out:

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Wasn't it McGinn who wrote an article at the start of the year, expressing the opinion that Adams might be best-suited to the slot, and might turn out to be the reason the Packers would not bring back Cobb? I think it was in the article where he discussed that Cobb seemed to be most productive on broken plays and not very productive running the actual slot-receiver routes.
    I agree with him about Cobb. But I don't see slot as the main position for Adams. Not yet anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.