Thread: Superbowl L In Pictures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Denver D is tough.....we'll see about this.
    Agreed, and I think the Broncos are getting written off too easily. They impressively held NE under 20 points.

I think Carolina will struggle to score. Their second leading rusher is Cam, but I think the Broncos D will punish him. He did make some tough runs and take hits during the season, but he tries that today he will regret it. Third leading rusher is their fullback, and after that it's a guy named after a muppet, Fozzy.

Carolina also doesn't have many threats in the passing game. I don't see Ted Ginn having any success against the Broncos cornerbacks, so if they can find a way to neutralize Olsen, it comes down to the Panther's #2WR, a not so dangerous, 33 year old, Jerricho Cotchery. His line in the playoff is 8 receptions for 46 yards.

Of course, all this doesn't mean the Broncos will score either. Peyton was second in the league in INTs and he only started 10 games!

Maybe what I'm really saying here is I'm taking the under, whatever it is...ok, I'm seeing 43.5-44. Low, but I'm still taking the under.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Agreed, and I think the Broncos are getting written off too easily. They impressively held NE under 20 points.

I think Carolina will struggle to score. Their second leading rusher is Cam, but I think the Broncos D will punish him. He did make some tough runs and take hits during the season, but he tries that today he will regret it. Third leading rusher is their fullback, and after that it's a guy named after a muppet, Fozzy.

Carolina also doesn't have many threats in the passing game. I don't see Ted Ginn having any success against the Broncos cornerbacks, so if they can find a way to neutralize Olsen, it comes down to the Panther's #2WR, a not so dangerous, 33 year old, Jerricho Cotchery. His line in the playoff is 8 receptions for 46 yards.

Of course, all this doesn't mean the Broncos will score either. Peyton was second in the league in INTs and he only started 10 games!

Maybe what I'm really saying here is I'm taking the under, whatever it is...ok, I'm seeing 43.5-44. Low, but I'm still taking the under.
    If Denver turns the ball over at all - twice would be bad, but 3 TO's or more would be disaster for Denver. Manning has to be smart and throw the ball away - a lot. Denver needs to make this a low scoring game; so, to that end, they should go into the game offensively with their number one goal being ball security. Punts and playing field position are okay.

I think Manning's arm is too weak to think he can consistently carve up Carolina's D. For your 'under' to look good, it would be best if Manning sacrificed completion % to avoid the turnover.
    wist