Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florio just said he doesn't think Cobb will be back with the Packers. Cited the ability of rookie WR's to make an impact, and Rodgers' ability to get the most out of his receivers. I think he's wrong, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Florio just said he doesn't think Cobb will be back with the Packers. Cited the ability of rookie WR's to make an impact, and Rodgers' ability to get the most out of his receivers. I think he's wrong, but we'll see.
    How often has Thompson let one of his draft picks, who happens to be a bona-fide Pro Bowl caliber player, just leave town?

The cap has been relatively flat over the past 3-4 years...but it is poised to rise going forward. That makes the market a little harder to predict, which is why you see so few deals getting done before we hit the deadline. Players are content to let the market determine their fair value this year, because it is likely to be higher than what teams were willing to part with prior to the deadline.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't recall who posted it, but someone mentioned how young Cobb is even compared with guys drafted two and three years after him. He is one of our ascending players, and I don't think you just let him get away like that. It's a game of replacement, but not at this stage of the game for Cobb or the Packers. If Florio is right on, then I'll question the purpose of "draft and develop" if you don't end up giving a second contract to one of your very best players.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I don't recall who posted it, but someone mentioned how young Cobb is even compared with guys drafted two and three years after him. He is one of our ascending players, and I don't think you just let him get away like that. It's a game of replacement, but not at this stage of the game for Cobb or the Packers. If Florio is right on, then I'll question the purpose of "draft and develop" if you don't end up giving a second contract to one of your very best players.
    I agree. I think Florio is wrong. Players TT drafts who turn out to be very good players always seem to get a second contract. They may not get a third. I think Cobb and Bulaga will be back. I'll be surprised if Tramon Williams is back.