Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They are beatable, but not by a team that is built like we are... we are soft philosophically, and we don't believe in playing defense for its own sake. Our defense is a function of our offense, and generally requires that our offense stake us to a lead. Absent that scenario, we are very beatable against even average teams, i.e. Buffalo.

If we had any semblance of a defense whatsoever, I'd say we have a chance, b/c talentwise, offense vs. offense, I think we have the edge; but our defense is such a mess, and the coaching is so bad, that there is no way we can close the gap.

Hopefully Capers will be shown the door, and we can infuse some talent into the ILB position and along the DL, i.e. a couple of run stopping NT types the likes of which we kicked out of town from last year.

TT's approach to building a defense is seriously flawed, but if we can get a competent DC to have input on player procurement, maybe we can improve enough to be a threat before Rodgers run is over.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    If we had any semblance of a defense whatsoever, I'd say we have a chance, b/c talentwise, offense vs. offense, I think we have the edge; but our defense is such a mess, and the coaching is so bad, that there is no way we can close the gap.
    If only we had a defense like Detroit's #2 defense, that could hold the Cowboys to 24 points, then I might have some confidence in the Packer D.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If only we had a defense like Detroit's #2 defense, that could hold the Cowboys to 24 points, then I might have some confidence in the Packer D.
    Our talent and coaching is so subpar that we are one of the 4 teams remaining
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Just think where they could be if the D were any good. Deep into the playoffs perhaps.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    They are beatable, but not by a team that is built like we are... we are soft philosophically, and we don't believe in playing defense for its own sake. Our defense is a function of our offense, and generally requires that our offense stake us to a lead. Absent that scenario, we are very beatable against even average teams, i.e. Buffalo.

Hopefully Capers will be shown the door, and we can infuse some talent into the ILB position and along the DL, i.e. a couple of run stopping NT types the likes of which we kicked out of town from last year.

TT's approach to building a defense is seriously flawed, but if we can get a competent DC to have input on player procurement, maybe we can improve enough to be a threat before Rodgers run is over.
    And the beat goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.