Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/favre-h...o-get-over-it\

There's one thing I've learned in my longer than most here time and experience:

Haters will remain haters. That's just what their low self esteem makes them do. Hater sweep common sense out the door. Hating is the best juice that they have. I always wonder whenever I encounter a hater:

Was that person left alone on a table at diaper changing time and somehow land on the floor on their noggin? Haters are often in such emotional need that this approach to HATE is just one way they need to drag attention to feed their impoverished ego needs.

Packerrats had several of these poor souls. Gradually we've seen them wither and just die away. Somewhere out there they remain hating an outstanding Packer HOFer and soon to be a first ballot new member of the NFL HOF.

That a tribute to his overall body of work as an NFL QB who won wherever he played and played as tough a style and was as dedicated to his will to compete as any Pro athlete I've seen in over 5.5 decades of being an eclectic sports fan.

Brett Favre gave me so very much.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    It isn't always about hate, Woodbuck. If that were the case, everyone from professional comedians to family smart alecs would be a hater; and they aren't.

I respect what Favre did as a pro athlete, but even while he played for the Packers, for me he never ascended to the deity level that some put him on. That was just my opinion, as a fan. When he left GB, I think he showed a side of his personality that for some fans is more significant than it is for other fans. It has nothing to do with hating. Different people attach different levels of significance to different traits.

Some will excuse almost anything from those who entertain us, whether it be athletes, actors or other performers. Others want to hold those same people to almost unhumanly standards of conduct. Still others fall somewhere on the scale between the two extremes.
    Last edited by Patler; 12-18-2015 at 11:06 AM.