Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report: Giants “reached out” to Matt Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    David Whitehurst, Vince Ferrigamo, Randy Wright, Anthony Dilwig, Don Majkowski, Blair Kiel....Jim fucking McMahon.

Feel free to mention any embarrassments I missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Hey, Majkowski was actually pretty good and fun to watch, before he got hurt. And Lynn Dickey was good, too - on a different team he might've put up better numbers.

Don't forget TJ Rubley, though!
    Majik and Dickey were good but anti-Favre in their durability. Rich Campbell and Jim Zorn come to mind in the list of embarrassing QB's during the dark era.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

So what are the Packers gaining by gambling with the back up position again? If not Flynn, who? Please don't say Tolzien as he sucks ass, Flynn isn't great but he isn't terrible. I wouldn't be surprised to see TT bring Jamarcus Russel in just because he's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So what are the Packers gaining by gambling with the back up position again? If not Flynn, who? Please don't say Tolzien as he sucks ass, Flynn isn't great but he isn't terrible. I wouldn't be surprised to see TT bring Jamarcus Russel in just because he's cheap.
    If Flynn goes elsewhere, Tolzien will get first look, with some 7th rounder stashed on the practice squad. The Packers like Tolzien's arm and are planning that a full off season and QB school will make him a decent backup. They had figure out quickly if Tolzien won't cut it so they can bring in a street vet in time to learn the system, just as long as he is not Seneca the elder.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Majik and Dickey were good but anti-Favre in their durability. Rich Campbell and Jim Zorn come to mind in the list of embarrassing QB's during the dark era.
    Have you forgotten Jerry Tagge and John Hadl?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Have you forgotten Jerry Tagge and John Hadl?
    How about Randy Wright? Or the ill fated Robbie Bosco?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How about Randy Wright? Or the ill fated Robbie Bosco?
    BYU couldn't keep the streak alive at QB forever.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

My takeaway from the Flynn negotiations (or non-negotiations): they just aren't going to pay a replacement level player more than the minimum even at QB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If Flynn goes elsewhere, Tolzien will get first look, with some 7th rounder stashed on the practice squad. The Packers like Tolzien's arm and are planning that a full off season and QB school will make him a decent backup. They had figure out quickly if Tolzien won't cut it so they can bring in a street vet in time to learn the system, just as long as he is not Seneca the elder.
    My sentiments exactly, except to say I HOPE Flynn goes elsewhere. I wish him well - he has served the Packers well. I hope he takes some other team for multiple millions like he did the last time. The Packers are much better off with Tolzien.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    My sentiments exactly, except to say I HOPE Flynn goes elsewhere. I wish him well - he has served the Packers well. I hope he takes some other team for multiple millions like he did the last time. The Packers are much better off with Tolzien.
    really? how the fuck do you figure that?

we were 0-2-1 in games where he played the majority of the game or started. in the game we tied, we were getting our asses handed to us until tolzien yanked for flynn, who brought us back. 1 td, 5 ints in those 3 games

flynn, finished the tie, and it would have been a loss without him. he then went 2-2 in his 4 starts. in those 5 games he had 7 td's and 4 int's

tolzien has a big arm, and thats all he has going for him. he has no accuracy, he makes horrible decisions and he can't win games

how anyone can say we're better of with tolzien over flynn is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Flynn's days of multi-million dollar contracts are over. Teams now know what he is. A good backup who isn't quite talented enough to start. Tolzien needs to improve a lot before he can be considered better than Flynn. He can throw, but 1 TD and 5 INT's just won't cut it. Tolzien produced 13 points in each of the 2 games he finished, both losses, and had to be bailed out by Flynn against Minnesota with only 7 points on the board.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I want to see how he develops in TC and the pre-season but if the Packers go into the season with Toz as the #2 I'd be surprised.
    C.H.U.D.

I think Flynn's days are just about done. Something was wrong with his arm last year, he could barely throw 20 yards with anything on it. His arm never was a canon, but last year was ridiculous. Maybe the off season helped, but I wouldn't count on it.

Tolzien had no time to prepare. He and Wallace were signed after training camp was done, and Tolzien for the practice squad at that. With no experience to draw on, we shouldn't have expected much. Flynn had a significant advantage just from his prior years in GB.

Tolzien should be better this year. I certainly hope so, because he has twice the arm that Flynn does.

I saw enough of Tolzien when he played for the Badgers to last me a lifetime, he just isn't that good. He for sure isn't better than Flynn, not that that would take a whole lot. Going into the season hoping Tolzien has progressed, is as stupid as their plan last year.

Did Flynn end up getting the Tommy John surgery, or was he trying to score a contract first?

I saw enough of Tolzien when he played for the Badgers to last me a lifetime, he just isn't that good. He for sure isn't better than Flynn, not that that would take a whole lot. Going into the season hoping Tolzien has progressed, is as stupid as their plan last year.
    IMO the main reason Flynn looked passable as a QB last year was because he had a clue what he was doing. We'll never know if Wallace could have won a couple games while Rodgers was out because he got injured in his first series in his first start. I'm beginning to agree with Patler, Flynn's arm might be shot and that's why we haven't signed him again. Matt has to know nobody is gonna come calling for him to start. There is no way he'll beat out Eli in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports 13m
    Josh Freeman & Matt Flynn expected to work out for NYG tomorrow. Both to arrive in town today.

No, I don't know who Kim Jones is, but every other NFL beat writer has retweeted this info.

Hi ... I'm Kim Jones.

Hi ... I'm Kim Jones and really good looking ... errrrr actually ... I'm really screwed.

Hi I'm actually really good looking and Kim Jones.

Kimberley Alicia Jones, now a reporter for the NFL Network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jones_(reporter)
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Matt Flynn's arm was pudding last season. Inspite of that he kept our playoff hopes alive. He needed to address that noodle arm issue with all the money he bilked out of NFL teams. Otherwise he'd look great behind a bar and talking NFL trivia.

Scott Tolzien looks like a calf trying to walk on ice and he needs some seasoning to be fairly assessed.

The bottom line as last season ended. We don't have a solid backup QB. I believe a contending team must have a very decent backup QB.

Ted Thompson !?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Hi ... I'm Kim Jones.

Hi ... I'm Kim Jones and really good looking ... errrrr actually ... I'm really screwed.

Hi I'm actually really good looking and Kim Jones.

Kimberley Alicia Jones, now a reporter for the NFL Network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jones_(reporter)

The second Kim Jones looks like Troy Aikman's sister.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Did Flynn end up getting the Tommy John surgery, or was he trying to score a contract first?
    He denied there was a problem with his arm. But I am with Patler. At times, his throws looked very different.

Because obviously an athlete can never be better or more mature than he was in college??