Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Off ball LB are kind of like RBs. Taking one in the first should be the exception, never the rule. You can find the draft peppered with serviceable S/M off ball LBs. You stumble into a guy with good instincts (equivalent to RB vision) and you have yourself a good 2 down LB.

Given the depth of CB and OT I can't imagine taking anything else at 25 to be honest (depth coupled with our needs). Thus, I'm sure Gutes will draft a WR.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Off ball LB are kind of like RBs. Taking one in the first should be the exception, never the rule. You can find the draft peppered with serviceable S/M off ball LBs. You stumble into a guy with good instincts (equivalent to RB vision) and you have yourself a good 2 down LB.

Given the depth of CB and OT I can't imagine taking anything else at 25 to be honest (depth coupled with our needs). Thus, I'm sure Gutes will draft a WR.
    I've done some interactive mocks lately where DeJean is available at 25, Barton at 41, and Edgerrin Cooper at 58. Don't know if that's realistic, but I'd be pretty happy.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I've done some interactive mocks lately where DeJean is available at 25, Barton at 41, and Edgerrin Cooper at 58. Don't know if that's realistic, but I'd be pretty happy.
    Same. I think Barton is a good player who had the athleticism and versatility GB likes. DeJean is good, but is he a CB or a S? He's never played S so you probably have to give him a redshirt year to learn that, I'm not sure Gute does that. Maybe Hafley is a teaching savant and DeJean is a quick study.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    DeJean is good, but is he a CB or a S?
    well, i believe the new scheme needs a safety that can play slot corner a lot of the time

so this is a perfect problem for him to have

and he has starting experience at both CB and as a lb/safety hybrid (exactly what we need) . so is he a cb or s? he's both, and excelled at both