They haven't given up a big lead, unless you count the ATL loss.
Hey, the Dolphins were up 14 with 3 minutes to go and lost. Imagine if Barry's D did that.

Barry likes to play 2 DL nickel, he likes to play zone coverage, usually soft or off coverage. He needs players who can quickly rally and tackle, and nobody seems to practice tackling. (Also, what is considered a legal tackle might change again, based on Troy Vincent's recent comments. Make it flag football, already.) He has improved at adapting in-game, but I wouldn't say it's a strong suit. Mostly his game plans are ok-to-good but sometimes poorly executed. He's not innovative. He's pretty locked in to what he wants to run, often without any situational awareness.

I don't think he customizes his system to the players he has, which is a bad move IMO.

He has a poor track record, and is aided by MLF running a slow paced offense which limits possessions and thus scoring.

There are lots of things I don't like about Barry's performance, and the defensive performance overall. This year they've been reflective of what they are: a team with a record just below .500. I don't think that's necessarily grounds to keep a coach, especially when they are consistently bad at certain metrics (run defense). I don't think they can reach the SB much less win one with him at DC. It's nothing personal, I just think he's probably best as a position coach than as a DC.

Speaking of underperforming, how about Bisaccia? Whoo, his ST units haven't exactly taken a step forward in Year 2, have they?