Thread: Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    It smells to me like that's why the change has been made. I'd say it's pretty unusual for a guy to go on IR with a thigh bruise.
    Both he and Banjo probably can come back this year. But they needed the spots now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Both he and Banjo probably can come back this year. But they needed the spots now.
    Packers need reinforcements at RB, CB and TE, not WR and S. Thompson replaced Abberderis and Banjo with another WR and another S.

Ted's works in mysterious ways.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Packers need reinforcements at RB, CB and TE, not WR and S. Thompson replaced Abberderis and Banjo with another WR and another S.

Ted's works in mysterious ways.
    The DB they brought up worked as a slot corner in camp. Not sure why 6 WRs, even after counting Monty as RB, is the new standard.

They signed new RB Davis and brought Jackson up from PS. That's two traditional plus Monty and Cobb.

Cook is still on roster, out of his boot, and probably back in next couple of weeks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The DB they brought up worked as a slot corner in camp. Not sure why 6 WRs, even after counting Monty as RB, is the new standard.

They signed new RB Davis and brought Jackson up from PS. That's two traditional plus Monty and Cobb.

Cook is still on roster, out of his boot, and probably back in next couple of weeks.
    Hyde and Burnett also play the "slot" corner. But just cos they line up at corner don't make them good corners. The two can't cover, yet Capers not only keeps playing them at corner, he also puts them in man coverage at tons a game. Pretty sure Pro Football Focus ranks these two at or near the bottom of their DB rankings. Pretty confident.

Point is, Thompson has gotta sign a true corner. There ain't many shutdown corners on the streets of Baltimore, but a so-so corner who sucks less than what the Packers currently have playing would do wonders. Cro, Trumaine McBride, Tarell Brown, Javier Arenas, Cortez Allen, Ras-I Dowling, to name a few gangstas currently available.

Regarding TE, Richard Rodgers is more fruitless than an apple tree on the North Pole. Belichick has Gronk but still traded for Bennett. With D-Rod, it's like the Packers O is operating on Windows 95. An upgrade is needed.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.