Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
Mason Crosby job is at a crossroads, and the Packers would be fools to just hand him the job in 2011.

I liked the whole post, but this last part just leaped out at me. Fools? Look, Crosby altered his kicks from last year where he was missing just to the right to this year where he misses off the left upright. Seriously though - the guy has done just about everything right, and there have been pages and pages about how Stubby will use him far more from 45+ than other kickers in the league. Take tomorrow - Lovie Smith most likely will have a 40-45 yard maximum cap on Gould, who is considered a total money kicker - mostly because he's accurate and Lovie doesn't put him out there for a lot of long attempts. Crosby, even in the (likely) bitter cold, will probably be trotted out there for anything within a couple of yards of 50 (unless it's extremely low scoring and Stubby has to play field position). Unless Crosby goes on a post-season five month bender, misses all the OTAs, shows up chubbier than Sebastian Janikowski, and flops on his ass in August, I can't imagine him not being a shoo-in as PK. What am I missing?