Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am curious if this kind of Jekyll and Micah Hyde performance is indicative of teams without a superstar/blue-chipper/field-tilter in the old Cliff Christl vein.

Matthews is only occasionally his old self, Collins is gone as is Shields. The two guys most likely to be the hinge that the defense moves around, King and Jones, are injured and being forced to play back respectively. And both are rookies.

Perhaps the problem with drafting late and not hitting it out of the park in later rounds is that you are missing one big time All Pro around which you arrange your other, less imposing parts.

Or am I being Captain Obvious too?
    There's probably some truth to this. Watching the Steelers/Ravens last night, it was very noticeable how much the Steelers missed Shazier at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    There's probably some truth to this. Watching the Steelers/Ravens last night, it was very noticeable how much the Steelers missed Shazier at LB.
    If I was a Steelers fan, I would want to know how you allow the Packers to score 28 with Shazier?

Wilde is taking the Browns game as evidence of the Packers true talent level without Rodgers (possibly not much better than the Browns) and regards the Steelers game as the exception.

Which is dumb. They both count. The head coach versus the Steelers had a better gameplan (and I did not mean simple aggressiveness, but an expectation for players to make a play) than he did for the Browns. When he opened it up in Cleveland, suddenly players were making plays, even Hundley.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If I was a Steelers fan, I would want to know how you allow the Packers to score 28 with Shazier?

Wilde is taking the Browns game as evidence of the Packers true talent level without Rodgers (possibly not much better than the Browns) and regards the Steelers game as the exception.

Which is dumb. They both count. The head coach versus the Steelers had a better gameplan (and I did not mean simple aggressiveness, but an expectation for players to make a play) than he did for the Browns. When he opened it up in Cleveland, suddenly players were making plays, even Hundley.
    They do both count. MM said today the Browns game graded out as one of the worst of the season. I'm sure that was not the case with the Steelers game.