Thread: Training Camp Battles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Raji got $4M for this year. If he had no other offers (which I'm certain he did), Thompson vastly overpaid.
    and that was the basis of my rants a couple months ago, no whispers, no rumors, nothing linking raji to any other teams other then raji saying "there were other teams"

my argument was that raji was not worth much more then the vet minimum, i can't for the life of me believe that anyone would offer him more then 2 million a year.

so IMO, yes, TT overpaid for him.

but throwing away 2 or 3 million more then i think he's worth for one year isn't the end of the world, so the argument kind of just died

now if we had signed him for 8 million a year like we originally offered, i'd be cutting my ear off right now

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    and that was the basis of my rants a couple months ago, no whispers, no rumors, nothing linking raji to any other teams other then raji saying "there were other teams"

my argument was that raji was not worth much more then the vet minimum, i can't for the life of me believe that anyone would offer him more then 2 million a year.

but throwing away 2 or 3 million more then i think he's worth for one year isn't the end of the world, so the argument kind of just died

now if we had signed him for 8 million a year like we originally offered, i'd be cutting my ear off right now
    You having an opinion that he isn't worth much over the vet minimum does not make it a fact that he had no other offers and might be out of the league next year. That's all I'm pointing out. I trust Thompson wouldn't pay somebody $4M/year who had zero interest from other teams. I'm sure Raji got offers. I'm guessing some were of the 3y/$9M variety. Considering he was projected to get a pretty good chunk of change before his miserable year, he decided to roll the dice on having a good year and making more next year.

For what it's worth, after Raji signed his contract he said he got offers from 3 or 4 other teams.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Honestly, I am shocked to find out you have any ears left.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.