Thread: Reggie McKenzie falls out of bed and hits his head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Who would you have had him sign and at what price Guiness?
    He's a former first round pick who flamed out with two teams, was admitedly overweight and was suspended for missing practice without notifying the team. He isn't a has-been, he's a never was. He made a comment a little while ago about how great he was going to be with his next team...*sigh*. Why do you even want that guy around?

No obvious answer to who else of course. No one out there, but wouldn't they be further ahead with a guy like Dujuan Harris, who at least showed flashes (however brief)? Bring in a dozen UFAs and select the best of them?

The money side is hard to understand. I doubt anyone else was talking to this Richardson, you'd think he could've been had for the minimum. But the Raiders had (have?) more cap room than they can possibly spend, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have to spend to reach the salary floor.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He's a former first round pick who flamed out with two teams, was admitedly overweight and was suspended for missing practice without notifying the team. He isn't a has-been, he's a never was. He made a comment a little while ago about how great he was going to be with his next team...*sigh*. Why do you even want that guy around?

No obvious answer to who else of course. No one out there, but wouldn't they be further ahead with a guy like Dujuan Harris, who at least showed flashes (however brief)? Bring in a dozen UFAs and select the best of them?

The money side is hard to understand. I doubt anyone else was talking to this Richardson, you'd think he could've been had for the minimum. But the Raiders had (have?) more cap room than they can possibly spend, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have to spend to reach the salary floor.
    That's fair. I agree a guy like Dujuan Harris would be worth having around for a team like the Raiders. They need to draft a guy early too I'd say.